LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0554-7647-3242-2709

Trouble with picture

I brought my Wii over to my g/f's house to kill time while she is at work. The problem lies in her SDTV. I had it hooked up to my HDTV and had the settings setup for EDTV just for the best picture possible. Her SDTV has component input, which is how I have it connected, but I only get sound. Will I need to hook it back up to my HDTV just to change the settings to SDTV?

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

2. Ads

Wii Owner Since 8th Dec06 brad-bot's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    most likey u will need to do that has the wii is programmed into what tv setting it is set to i knw it is a pain in the back but after that just set it back hopefully it will work
    if not invite your gf round
    MOH H2 Persona: bradbot

Playstation 3 Network ID: thefamilyboosh

Member #
    Friends
    i had the same problem this afternoon.
    the compontent cables dont work with hdtv settings, though audio remains thesame.
    reconnect it on composite and change the setting and it will work
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    I would have solved the problem a long time ago, but I have no idea where my standard cables are... :-(

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    I would have solved the problem a long time ago, but I have no idea where my standard cables are... :-(
    Jorge, you can still use your component cables, just make sure your wii settings are set to 480i when playing on a standard def TV and not 480p.

Ads