LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by phimuajedi69
    ^-- very true, and you'll find most people on this board agree with you, we were discussing third party support for the wii in relation to graphics, not people purchasing the wii based on graphics

since this a general pro/con thread, and to provide an opposing viewpoint though i pretty much agree with what you said:

you're saying for multiplatformers wii is the better choice, which i don't think will be true. if the same fighting game (ie soul calibur) came out on all three systems I would be highly tempted to buy it for the 360 or ps3 (special character scenarios aside, ie soul calibur 2) simply bc its the same game and will be played the same way (unless someone gets crazy inventive and figures out how to control a fighting game with the wiimote, ssbb will be using gc controllers apparently) but will look much better on the 360 or ps3

basically i'm saying if everything else is equal most people will go for the more visually stunning presentation (most people go for that even when everything else is not equal, regretably)
    Yeah I do agree with that, and that graphics are important in that aspect. I was just going on about games that will be altered exclusively for the Wii, but are in fact Third-Party games... Of course I would buy a game like Soul Calibur on the PS3 or 360 if the Wii offers no real change or benefical enhancment to it. That being said I think that most titles will have this change and therefore will benefit Nintendo.

...Think of it this way, for the Wii, Third-Party titles could theoretically become exclusive titles if the gameplay is altered
    Last edited by Distant_Oblivion; 06-12-2006 at 11:35 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Distant_Oblivion
    I was just going on about games that will be altered exclusively for the Wii, but are in fact Third-Party games... Of course I would buy a game like Soul Calibur on the PS3 or 360 if the Wii offers no real change or benefical enhancment to it. That being said I think that most titles will have this change and therefore will benefit Nintendo.

...Think of it this way, for the Wii, Third-Party titles could theoretically become exclusive titles if the gameplay is altered
    Exactly. There is going to be an obvious difference in Metroid Prime Corruption on the Wii and Halo 3 on XBOX 360. It's like the difference between playing Time Crisis at an Arcade and playing it on PS2 or something. Yeah it may look better on your PS2 and your flatscreen TV, but your going to get a different experience when using a small Joystick compared to a Pedal and a Full Sized Pistol.

Graphically. Err touchy subject. I've played too many good looking games that aren't fun. I have however played and continue to play my N64 and old Nintendo systems because the games KIck ASS. Hopefully there will be a game if not several games that really push the LIMITS of the Wii.

I think all 3 of the new systems have weaknesses. Find out what matters to you and purchase accordingly.

Member #
    Friends
    I think third party developers are hung up on the risks of the Wii, they need to see how much of a success it is actually going to be before they really start development, and the graphics seem to play a large part in these risks, but when they see that it's a success, they'll go straight for it.
    Play nice or die.

Member #
    Friends

RE: Whatever the title was

Good Find. Keep up the good posting. This article makes many good points!!
    Chris
    A Nintendo Wii Freak
    Playing = Beleiving
    Imagine the Possibilities.
    cd1585@hotmail.com
    AIM :: chrisnintendowii

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by chris71124
    ...Thanks dude, we try or best lol

Whoever started this topic deserves a medal...

...Or something along those lines

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jimsmit
    I think third party developers are hung up on the risks of the Wii, they need to see how much of a success it is actually going to be before they really start development, and the graphics seem to play a large part in these risks, but when they see that it's a success, they'll go straight for it.
    Jim is right on the money. As unfortunate as it may be, 3rd party developers are not willing to take a ton of risks until they see a little success role in.

Member #
    Friends
    Fantastic thread, great read

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks everyone! Think I more-or-less sinthetised the main issues which have been inside my head through these months... I could've put a larger weight in the Third Party category... there's so many more things to be explored here. So many issues. Subcategories and stuff...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by chris71124
    Good FIND !? What do you mean by that ? Did it myself to sinthetise my general beliefs and doubts concerning the new system as a whole. No "find" here.
    Last edited by CadaveR (Ivo); 06-13-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Other things I'm concerned about regards on how resistant (or not?) is The Wiimote. Since we're going to have soooo many brutal, fast moves going on, the thing could be very easily broken into small pieces once our hand fails to hold it while playing a "violent" (moves-wise) and fast wii sports tennis match. I'm really concerned with that. Other than that, i'm also concerned about having to buy a new controller specially designed to make the experience of playing the virtual console games more realistic. Shouldn't the Wiimote + nunchak be enough for the experience? Or more: shouldn't the wiimore turned to a classic Nes-like position be enough for a satisfying old school match??? I don't really understand it. I should not need an extra expense on the shotgun attachment or the special joystick for Nintendo's retro games gallery. The wiimote should be enough imo. If not, so why the big N is always saying on how easy the wiimote could be transformed into a nes-like controller by simply turning it to the mentioned controller's classic horizontal position? I didn't quite get this point 'il now...

I'm gonna redo/write the positive points I'm expecting Nintendo to deliver in order to definively stay on top again:

1. Totally free-and-reliable pack-off-and-play online gameplay;

2. A great launch game line-up;

3. Responsive (without noticeable lag or any kind of slow reaction/visual/graphical representation to the moves done) controls/gameplay;

4. An intelligent final/definitive sthetical solution/decision to whaever the problems they might be passing through on the development process of the hardware (Wii, wiimote, etc...);

5. A comercial (competitive when comparing the system's technical features to the other ones available) low-budged price;

6. Other innovative features (as the ones being especulated right now - e.g. a built-in camera and it's possible/viable usages...);

7. An efficient anti-scretches DvD drive system (as the one recently shown on video by Mr. Myamoto himself - or even better...);

8. Nice (as the ones shown/promised on trailers - or even better) graphics and sounds;

9. A resistant controller/general product to stand the test of time (and the abrupt/fast movies and possible fall downs too...);

10. Low-priced/budged fun old school possibilities through the Virtual Console feature (including, maybe, even online matches combining old school mechanisms and nice online options!...);

11. That's it. Maybe way too much, but rather satisfying, none-the-less!.

Go Nintendo, GO!!! It's SHOWTIME! (damnit!)
    Last edited by CadaveR (Ivo); 06-17-2006 at 10:49 PM.

Ads