LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Other things I'm concerned about regards on how resistant (or not?) is The Wiimote. Since we're going to have soooo many brutal, fast moves going on, the thing could be very easily broken into small pieces once our hand fails to hold it while playing a "violent" (moves-wise) and fast wii sports tennis match. I'm really concerned with that.
    I cant find the picture but I'm sure there's a strap that you can put around your wrist

Member #
    Friends
    ^-- never seen the strap (doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just a comment)

I don't see the resilience (pretty sure thats the word you meant, or maybe add in 'impact resistant') of the controller being an issue, nintendo does good hardware. period. all of my controllers have suffered many bumps in the past and all still work fine, so i'm not particularly worried about it.

now if you go for a backhand in tennis and the wiimote slips I would be fearful for my tv's life thats for sure!

as for the vc controller it makes a lot of sense mostly because with the innovation of the wiimote and nintendo's "simplification for everyone" strategy there simply aren't enough buttons on the wiimote to cover the old games (and there's no way there gonna want to go back and reprogram all the games to support the wiimote interface)

actually, now that i think about it the vc controller is gonna be difficult to play non-nintendo games with bc the sega games had six front buttons, not four meaning that two of them will get regulated to the shoulder buttons prolly

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by phimuajedi69
    ^-- never seen the strap (doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just a comment)

I don't see the resilience (pretty sure thats the word you meant, or maybe add in 'impact resistant') of the controller being an issue, nintendo does good hardware. period. all of my controllers have suffered many bumps in the past and all still work fine, so i'm not particularly worried about it.

now if you go for a backhand in tennis and the wiimote slips I would be fearful for my tv's life thats for sure!

as for the vc controller it makes a lot of sense mostly because with the innovation of the wiimote and nintendo's "simplification for everyone" strategy there simply aren't enough buttons on the wiimote to cover the old games (and there's no way there gonna want to go back and reprogram all the games to support the wiimote interface)

actually, now that i think about it the vc controller is gonna be difficult to play non-nintendo games with bc the sega games had six front buttons, not four meaning that two of them will get regulated to the shoulder buttons prolly
    Yeah, you got it right.

Hey phimuajedi69, you can see something similar to a strap at this year's E3 Nintendo conference video on ign.com. There's something right there in terms of a security mechanism. I really hope so, 'cause I'd not want to see my Wiimote crashing directly into the wall, getting destroyed into pieces of small/advanced eletronic devices. I'd hate it. I'd get depressed actually.

Taero - I really hope you're right here. Nintendo, let the strap stay together with the console... for our money's sake... for "bucks' security"...

Member #
    Friends
    hate to digress from good meaningful conversation, but i just can't resist:

there's always duct tape! it fixes everything, if there is no strap all the violently moving gamers can secure the wiimote with one foot long strip per gaming session!

anyway, my redneck had to come out for a moment....though i do see it as a potential problem i believe it much more likely that the system will react well (and possibly better) to more controlled movements thus eliminating some of the problem, however there is always the 'heat of the moment'....

Ads