Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SD card and Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    on the wii channel screen put your "finger" over the photochannel .... if it says Version 1.1 then you can't play Mp3 .. you can only play AAC's (or something liek that) if you have verion 1.0 then you should be able to play mp3's...

also if you updated your photo channel recently you most likely have version 1.1

also if you did not update your photo channel and still have version 1.1 you most likely got your wii within a couple of months and in your case you cannot play mp3's only acc's..

also if you updated your photo channel and it is currently version 1.1 you can try to delete your version 1.1 photo channel in the wii menu setup and it may revert back to version 1.0 as the older wii's have version 1.0 of the photo channel in the unerasable part of memory.
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Clish
    on the wii channel screen put your "finger" over the photochannel .... if it says Version 1.1 then you can't play Mp3 .. you can only play AAC's (or something liek that) if you have verion 1.0 then you should be able to play mp3's...

also if you updated your photo channel recently you most likely have version 1.1

also if you did not update your photo channel and still have version 1.1 you most likely got your wii within a couple of months and in your case you cannot play mp3's only acc's..

The change from MP3 to AAC in the Photo Channel ONLY affects the Photo Channel. If you have a game that can play music (such as ExciteTruck), it will continue to work as before.

Member #
    Friends
    Up to 2GB SD cards work on all non-HC complant devices (The Wii, older digi-cams, etc.). The newer SDHC spec (2.0) for 4GB and up requires specific support.

*However* a few manufacturers make/made a 4GB that worked with a new non-HC devices - they claimed they were "backwards compatible" but it was sort of a crap shoot. I've read reports of a camera - a D70 I think - work with a 4GB of one brand but not another.

Anyway, I'd stay with SD (<2GB) - heck they're not of much use anyway in a Wii - I took our 2GB card (from the Wii) and put into permanent use in our Nikon
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    The change from MP3 to AAC in the Photo Channel ONLY affects the Photo Channel. If you have a game that can play music (such as ExciteTruck), it will continue to work as before.
    i am not too sure about that one.... unless you are caz as far as i know they changed the MP3 playback to ACC because ACC doesn't need a licence to distribute as well as play while mp3 does... which means that even if in game you can play nintendo still has to pay.. which they don't want.
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Clish
    i am not too sure about that one.... unless you are caz as far as i know they changed the MP3 playback to ACC because ACC doesn't need a licence to distribute as well as play while mp3 does... which means that even if in game you can play nintendo still has to pay.. which they don't want.
    It's ONLY for the photo channel. The Photo Channel is a separate and distinct program just like any VC game you download, any other channels, or any disc-based games.

If a game supports music playback, it's programmed into that game itself. Games that support MP3 have the license fees factored into their pricing.

Member #
    Friends
    Hi there,
    I am new to this.

I have an SD stick from my 02 Atom phone which I now want to use for my wii. How can I change the format of the SD stick to work on the wii. It is a 2Gb stick.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    I think the Wii only supports up to 2GB cards for the time being.

Hopefully this will be upgraded with future updates.
    it can't. the hardware will have to be changed to use a 4gb sd
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    "Reasons to not listen to music on a Wii:
    1. Wouldn't you rather play the wii..."
    Yes, but when I am able to listen to the music of my choice while playing a game I enjoy, why not?
    "2. Most T.V. speaker's sound quality sucks."
    True, but many people like myself have home theater systems (or quality TVs) and the sounds and music are pretty awesome.
    "3. There is devices designed for music without headphones... a.k.a., a sound system...?"
    Yes, like a home theater system.
    "4. Why not just use the computer? Its a lot easier and has everyone one of your songs."
    Because my couch is more comfortable than my desk chair (and my computer doesn't play Wii games).
    "5. Why go through all the effort of converting the files if all you want to do is select them with a wiimote?"
    Converting files is/are pretty easy.

the monkeys are listening

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think Wii has SDHC support. If you have a wifi router then get Orb and stream music right off your computer. You can do it with videos too but I never got it to run smoothly.
    F U Pikachu

Ads