OK, so doing some research, I found out that the more recent models of the Wii actually had the wireless card attached correctly, whereas in older versions, the wireless card was built onto the GPU, thus causing it to overheat and frying it. But as I said before, when I got it back, it was apparently repaired, but not brand new. They said they only replaced the damaged components, which I assume is the GPU. Does this mean that they finally assembled the thing "correctly"? Or am I stuck with the same model which will eventually meet its pixely death again? Someone please clear this up.
I can't tell if the things overheated already. It's warm to the touch, as if you would cup your hands to your mouth and blow hot air onto it. Is that considered dangerously hot?