LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Flickering pixels

Went to play my wii tonight and noticed a bunch of very small pixels flickering all around the screen. I thought maybe it was my tv because it is getting a bit old, so I took the wii down and hooked it into my 90" projector. The pixels were still there and in the same spots. They were also easier to see on the bigger screen. (Of Course). Has anyone else had this problem? Should I contact nintendo or just try and take it back to bestbuy. I bought the 2 year no haggle warranty. The problem is they probably won't have any, but I have a friend who works there who usually gives me a heads up when they are coming in. Thanks.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3878-8321-2254-6089
    It may be the cables just see if they are dusty,breaks or anything on the cord if not it cant hurt to take it back to Best Buy.Im not sure but it sounds like the cord to me but what do I know lol.
    Last edited by wii maniac; 01-30-2008 at 07:29 PM.
    PSN-kingofdoom95
    XBL-FlyingM0nkey007

Member #
    Friends
    Are the flickering pixels green? I've read a few accounts of people having problems with green flashing pixels likely caused by an overheated GPU.

Member #
    Friends
    You'll get flickering if you are running off interlacing mode(480i). Get a component cable and run in progressive mode(480p) and see it the flicking still persist.
    F U Pikachu

Member #
    Friends
    I have both types of cables. Makes no difference. The pixels are still there. I got in touch with nintendo about it and they are sending me a postage paid ups sticker to dend it back to them. They said its most likely an overheated gpu.

This is exactly what my wii is doing. Just someone elses video with the same problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOY5...d.php?t=681693

Member #
    Friends
    0371-1564-9117-3590

Mine too

I just turned on my Wii today and noticed the same problem. Funny thing is, I haven't played my Wii in weeks!

Guess I will be contacting Nintendo as well.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mario2mc
    I just turned on my Wii today and noticed the same problem. Funny thing is, I haven't played my Wii in weeks!

Guess I will be contacting Nintendo as well.
    Seems as though I've read in several places that the wii runs as hot if not hotter in stand by mode. So you don't really have to be playing it for it to overheat. Brilliant, HUH... I recieved my postage paid UPS sticker so mine is headed for repairs.

Member #
    Friends
    8601-0080-0431-2879
    Ive just sent my wii in for repair,yesterday to be precise.It had developed shimmering vertical lines right across the screen.I used the online form to report the issue and i was sent a prepaid UPS label.It was delivered to the Nintendo agent this morning so i will see what happens next and let you know how long it takes to get it returned.

Member #
    Friends
    I only had my Wii two weeks and I started to notice some flickering pixels while playing Golf. Eventually these moved onto the main menu - it's obviously a heat issue as it's very similar to the types of graphical artifacts one gets when overclocking a PC graphics card.

I contacted Nintendo to get my packing slip, but tried a few things to see whether I could solve it (since the issue wasn't too bad, but getting worse). I totally unplugged my Wii for a few hours to let it cool, that didn't help. I even bought one of those Radiator coolers for the back of it, but no go. I'll keep the cooler for after its repaired since it runs while in Standby, but looks like either the chip is damaged from the heat or there just is no way to keep it cool.

I've never taken my Wii apart, but does anyone know what is on the graphics chip? Is there a heatsink or anything on it?

Also, those who shipped your Wii off, any advice on how to package it safely? I never realized how much I really love this thing until now I know I have to be without it.

Member #
    Friends
    8601-0080-0431-2879
    UPS just returned my wii.Really quick turnaround,no explanation as to what was wrong just a note saying parts were replaced.

Ads