LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Surround Sound for Wii

Hey,

Just curious if anyone has hooked up surround sound or external speakers to their Wii. I just read something about a system that is avail in the UK and soon coming to the US that offers a 3D system and subwoofer. Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this or anything like it?

Thanks!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wii games have Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound. This encodes 5.1 surround channels into 2 channels left/right using a "matrix". A decoder can tease them apart and separate them into a decent surround-sound experience. This is different than Dolby Digital or DTS which have separate, discreet audio channels for each.

I have a surround-sound receiver hooked to my Wii. When I switch to my Wii input, I've already programmed my receiver to switch to "Dolby Pro Logic II - Game" mode, and it sounds great. I haven't come across any crazy surround-sound ear-candy in any games, though (stuff shooting by or around you). It's just a general improvement in the sound environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads