LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    What's with all of this hanging onto the Wii for things coming up this/next/whatever year?! The thing can sell used for what you paid for it still! Get rid of it while that's still true and pick it up again later if it brings something to the table that you like. If you don't want to be playing it right now, then you're just and prolonging this shortage and doing yourself a disservice by not passing it on to someone else for now and just picking one up later.

Personally, I'm very happy with mine but I don't have a ton of time for playing video games these days so the small number of quality titles hasn't really affected me much (except for keeping used game prices on the good games a bit higher than I'd like).

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    with my wii usually just go on the internet and watch movies, thats what I mostly do kick back and relax on my couch, turn my wii on, and go to internet and watch movies (old B & W and new movies) but wii don't have flash version 8 or fvl (or flv or w/e the heck its called) but don't need it.
    Rarely play wii games recently.

The Conspiracy Theorist Vigilante's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I own a Wii, my brother owns an Xbox 360, and I play the xbox games and the Wii games, and they both have things the other one doesn't, I find my gaming experience to be balanced, a little mix of M for Mature shoot em' up's and great online, and the Wii with great 'fun for everyone' games and great sense of enjoyment. Having both systems creates a great gaming balance.

I'm not saying you should get an Xbox 360, I'm not saying that you shouldn't. They both have their Pro's and Con's. It's really up to you what you do.
    Vote for your favorite Canidate (or Wiichat member) in the Presidential race (Wiichat style). Vote soon, you only have 1 week until 2 canidates are eliminated, which he or she could be your favorite, see OP for rules! http://www.wiichat.com/board-games/5...hat-style.html

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Wii is certainly a good accompaniment console... I have both a gaming PC and a Wii and it seems a good balance. If I had just the Wii, I'd get very bored, but having it there when I want a break from my 'hardcore' PC gaming, it can be pretty fun, and you appreciate its unique features a lot more.
    It still needs better games tho, especially for the Australian market....

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    0795-8922-4951-2684
    _Well thank you guys for understanding why I'm so mad with my Wii. I really wasn't a hardcore gamer until I started watching the MLG Channel (Major League Gaming) and played on the PS3 for the first time, I really wanted more then what the Wii was offering. The Wii is an awesome consule, but not really showing off all it can do at this point. And yes, after being the only consule i own, it does get boring playing it over and over again, well to me. But right now I'm really looking foward to buying a PS3.

_I've been really caught up with my PS2 , DS, and GC. I have said it before and I'll say it again I will not give up on the Wii and sell it any time soon. I will keep and wait on Nintendo because I know they will make this system shine. I mean common, how can I just part away with Nintendo when they have satisfied me with all their other systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idjut
    do your friends raz you, KTIGS?
    i think you made a great choice... but you may have to sell your wii if it helps you bond with your close pals

_Yes they do idjut, everyone on my block is aways making their little matches Vs. eachother online all the time. I feel kinda left out because I wanna play but i have a Wii and no one else does. :/.
    _But hey I'll try my best to stay with the Wii, my friends at Nintendo said they would make it "hot" soon.

_Ps. Its with a Z!
    Last edited by KTIGZ; 03-01-2008 at 02:54 AM.
    NEW JERSEY SSBB PLAYERS COME HERE
    HTML Code:
    http://www.wiichat.com/atlantic-north/55414-new-jersey-ssbb-players-post-here.html

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    _Whats with the underscores?
    _And I'm with you 100%, do what feels right for u eh man.
    _I'd only get a PS3 for GT4 (seems you like it too), I'd really prefer a 360 otherwise
    _Hang with the Wii though, cos its mad fun after playing some 'hardcore' games (COD4, World in Conflict etc)
    _ _ _ man theyre kinda catchy

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    Dissapointed ex- Wii owner reporting in.

Sold my wii about 3 weeks ago and bought a 360, bioshock, cod4, and gh3

I couldnt be happier!

Xbox live gamertag: RogueAgent88

Muse is my hysteria

Member #
    Friends
    One thing the Wii has is good resale value. You can buy it, try it out, and if you don't like it you can sell it for just about what you paid for it. Good luck doing that with a 360! If you buy a 360, try it, and decide that you should have bought a Wii, you'll lose quite a bit when you sell the 360.

I have to say, though, that I don't understand why somebody would be mad at their Wii because it wasn't the right console for them. Do your homework, choose the console that seems to be best for what you want, and if you choose wrong or your needs change, then buy another one.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by KTIGZ
    I'm not. I would be more happy if they had more adventure, more violent games and that just isn't what the Wii was meant for. It was meant for more family-ish stuff so now i gotta deal with the Wii so I'm try to do my best with it for now.
    If you're looking for an adult game go and get No More Heroes, which supposedly rocks. Personally I'm sick of every game being dark, that's pretty much why I bought a Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    All consoles have way more appeal opposed to when you actually have the console.
    I saw the 360 and its games and had the same feelings about the Wii. "Did I buy the right console... the 360 is amazing..." I got it for Christmas and I play my Wii more now.
    The 360 is still great, but no where near the way I imagined it, and it never will be.

You'll probably regret selling your Wii if you do.

Ads