LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random Pixels

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Random Pixels

I bought my Wii about a month and a half ago, and i'm using the cheap component cables from monoprice.com. I recently bought Rayman Raving Rabbids 1, and I noticed in the game where you have to feed the rabbit by drawing the shapes of food, that there was a lot of random blocky pixels and I later noticed a few on the Wii Home Screen but it wasn't as bad. So far I haven't noticed any of these random pixels in Mario Party 8 or Super Mario Galaxy and since it seems to be kind of random I'm hoping I won't have to get the Wii Fixed (it's addicting!) but I'm not sure. The Wii sits inside an enclosed entertainment center, but it has a good foot of empty space behind it.

Any idea what the problem is?

P.S. I did a search, but the old thread linked to another thread @ nintendo.com that has since been deleted.
    --Matt

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    the price won't affect the qulity of the cable unless you're stretching beyond 6 feet... how long is your cable?

the pixels are always at a different location?

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    It's the standard cable, idk what length, it seemed to always be around the same area in Rayman.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Are they green?
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    I think some of them were, why?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Green pixels = bad Wii

Search the other threads. There are many talking about it.

I blame Resident Evil.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    yea I'm having the same problem except now I see them in some games like Mario. I especially see em on the homepage or w/e youd call it.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah typically once the "green pixels of death" start appearing, they surface in all games and get more and more prevalent. Just a matter of how long you're willing to put up with them before you get your Wii fixed.

Don't wait until your warranty lapses.

Member #
    Friends
    Some are green, otheres are grey/color of background. The weird thing is I was playing WiiSports bowling, and they appeared during the close-up replay, but not during any other scene. I just purchased the Wii in January so the warranty's not an issue, Any idea what causes this though?
    Last edited by MatthewH12; 03-08-2008 at 07:39 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    just call customer support and theyll send you a Fed Ex stamp print off for you to ship it to them and theyll explain what to do. You have a month to ship it even after the send you the stamp. So im not shipping mine until i get a lil tired of brawl (if that's possible)

EDIT: its caused by your wii getting to hot (in standby mode?) and frying the GPU. or something like that

Ads