+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1 HDMI Port?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8617-4848-0755-6983

1 HDMI Port?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what 1 HDMI port on a new HDTV meant? Does this mean I have to unplug and re-plug cords if I want to switch from HD channels on cable, and using component cables with my Wii?

I'm basically in the hunt for a 32", possibly 37" 720p LCD HDTV. As you can see I'm big on Cost but I also want a decent Quality HDTV. The television will be primarily used for watching occasional network television shows, MTV, NBA, NFL, and lots and lots of Wii (Brawl).
    Wii & GC Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros. Melee

Virtual Console Games: Gradius III, Gunstar Heroes, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros. 3

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish23
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what 1 HDMI port on a new HDTV meant? Does this mean I have to unplug and re-plug cords if I want to switch from HD channels on cable, and using component cables with my Wii?

I'm basically in the hunt for a 32", possibly 37" 720p LCD HDTV. As you can see I'm big on Cost but I also want a decent Quality HDTV. The television will be primarily used for watching occasional network television shows, MTV, NBA, NFL, and lots and lots of Wii (Brawl).
    it means that you can only connect one HDMI cable to your TV at a single time..... if your cable uses a HDMI cable and you also have a bluray or HDdvd player that uses a HDMI cable then yes you will have to change everytime you switch. but if you have only a single HDMI combatable device then you will be fine...HDMI and component cables are different sources so you will be fine
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Member #
    Friends
    8617-4848-0755-6983
    Sweet! Thanks for the response. I ended up purchasing the Olevia 232V 720p LCD HDTV for $599 including tax and shipping! Boooya.
    Wii & GC Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros. Melee

Virtual Console Games: Gradius III, Gunstar Heroes, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros. 3

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish23
    Sweet! Thanks for the response. I ended up purchasing the Olevia 232V 720p LCD HDTV for $599 including tax and shipping! Boooya.
    nice ~! have fun with it !
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Ads