Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: sd card

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    If by "half-decent" you mean "overpriced" then I wholeheartedly agree.
    You get what you pay for with computers.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    You get what you pay for with computers.
    Agreed, but sticking a "400-in-1" media reader in a crap PC doesn't make it a good PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Agreed, but sticking a "400-in-1" media reader in a crap PC doesn't make it a good PC.
    Yep. Theres no point in getting a super nice card reader. I really don't know of any other memory devices you would need besides SD (all kinds), USB, and XD (Olympus Cameras). On my computer I have extra card ports for ones I've never even seen. (MS, MD, Smartmedia, Compaqflash)
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    a camera uses a sd card.

is it possible for me to save the stuff on the card using my wii,then put the card in the camera and hook up the camera to my computer and being able to acess the saved file i got from my wii?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by torontowii
    a camera uses a sd card.

is it possible for me to save the stuff on the card using my wii,then put the card in the camera and hook up the camera to my computer and being able to acess the saved file i got from my wii?
    No... Olympus brand cameras use XD.

And to answer your question... Yes it would work. It'd be a hell of a lot easier to just stick the sd card in your computer...

Member #
    Friends
    it would be alot easier to use a camera that i already have then go out,buy a driver,install the driver and then use it,just to get the driver alone would take more time then it would to just get the file on the camera and then back to my computer

Member #
    Friends
    what are you talking about installing a driver?
    you can buy memory card to USB adapters. You just plug the usb end in the usb port and stick the sd card in the sd slot.

Member #
    Friends
    i dont have a sd slot,which is what im saying

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Card readers don't need drivers. You just plug them in and they work.

You may think it's "a lot easier" to use your camera but it's not. Trust me. The $10 you spend on a card reader will be some of the best $10 you ever spend. I'm a computer consultant as well as an IT administrator and people are blown away by card readers daily... first by the fact that there's is an alternative to using whatever convoluted software came with their camera, and then secondly by how much faster and easier it is to move files back and forth with a card reader when it just comes up as another drive and that's it.

Card readers are faster and easier, plain and simple. Just buy one. The amount of time you waste doing it the long and hard way could be spent instead collecting empty soda cans and bottles to pay for it and you'd still come out ahead. Unless you consider your time to be only worth $0.01/hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Ugh...
    You can buy a SD card to USB port converter. You take the converter and plug it in a USB port. Viola! you're done. Now put the SD card into the other end of the converter and your computer will recognize it.

Ads