Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: sd card

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    Ugh...
    You can buy a SD card to USB port converter. You take the converter and plug it in a USB port. Viola! you're done. Now put the SD card into the other end of the converter and your computer will recognize it.
    We're talking about the same thing. You're calling it a "converter", everyone else is calling it a "card reader".
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    We're talking about the same thing. You're calling it a "converter", everyone else is calling it a "card reader".
    Card reader/converter/adaptor same thing...
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by torontowii
    it would be alot easier to use a camera that i already have then go out,buy a driver,install the driver and then use it,just to get the driver alone would take more time then it would to just get the file on the camera and then back to my computer
    Well, SD card readers should just work but it depends on your OS. If you're running XP, no worries about drivers. Anything else on the PC side of the fence might require something generic as far as drivers go.

I personally only buy cameras that don't have goofy drivers to access its contents. Some cameras have a kitchen sink of crap that you have to install to access the SD card. Some just show up as drives when you plug them into your PC. If yours is the latter, then using your camera as an SD card reader is just as easy as using a dedicated card reader. If it's the former, I'd personally just buy a card reader.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    Anything else on the PC side of the fence might require something generic as far as drivers go.
    Well, I use FreeBSD... an OS less-popular than Windows, MacOS, or even Linux... and I can just plug in a flash drive or card-reader and it just magically "works". So that should tell you something.

I personally only buy cameras that don't have goofy drivers to access its contents. Some cameras have a kitchen sink of crap that you have to install to access the SD card.
    Unfortunately, some of the best cameras don't appear as a USB mass-storage device when you connect them to your computer. As the primary purpose of a camera is to take spectacular pictures, I choose the best camera for the job, and then just get a card reader.

Some just show up as drives when you plug them into your PC. If yours is the latter, then using your camera as an SD card reader is just as easy as using a dedicated card reader.
    Except that in almost all cases, using your camera as a card reader even if it supports it is many times slower than just getting a $10 card reader. Camera manufacturers don't spend an extra micro-penny on USB file transfer electronics.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    Well, SD card readers should just work but it depends on your OS. If you're running XP, no worries about drivers. Anything else on the PC side of the fence might require something generic as far as drivers go.

I personally only buy cameras that don't have goofy drivers to access its contents. Some cameras have a kitchen sink of crap that you have to install to access the SD card. Some just show up as drives when you plug them into your PC. If yours is the latter, then using your camera as an SD card reader is just as easy as using a dedicated card reader. If it's the former, I'd personally just buy a card reader.
    Everyone seems to be complaining about the camera software when you really don't need it. With my cameras, I don't even install the software. I just take out the SD card and plug that in my computer. However, if you do not have a SD port, you can just not install the software for the camera, and when you plug it in, your computer should recognize it as a USB flash drive.
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    However, if you do not have a SD port, you can just not install the software for the camera, and when you plug it in, your computer should recognize it as a USB flash drive.
    Not necessarily. Many/most cameras do not appear as a USB flash drive even when you install their funky software. They require you to go through whatever multi-step convoluted picture-transfer program they've decided to force down your throat.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Not necessarily. Many/most cameras do not appear as a USB flash drive even when you install their funky software. They require you to go through whatever multi-step convoluted picture-transfer program they've decided to force down your throat.
    Well... It's worked for every camera I've had.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by tampa2012
    You need an USB Sd converter ,around 40$ it converts SD cards in a flash drive plug it into usb port and BOOM! instant acsess to all files and more on SD card...
    40$?!?

You can get them for $5 on amazon.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    40$?!?

You can get them for $5 on amazon.
    at $40 it'd better be made out of gold... lol

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    I bought a USB card reader for $5, that can read about 20 different cards including SD.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Ads