Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: sd card

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

sd card

I know that sd cards are mainly useful for getting game saves online or posting game saves yourself but heres my question:
    how do you get it on your computer if you have the card, do i have to buy a entirely new driver and build it into my computer so the sd card goes into it or what?

Member #
    Friends
    8617-4848-0755-6983
    If you've purchased your computer fairly recently, they all come standard with SD card slots. I actually had my laptop for a whole year never knowing I had one (although I don't use it really). Double check your machine for a small, slot/opening, it'll also usually have the SD logo imprinted next to it in very small font.
    Wii & GC Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros. Melee

Virtual Console Games: Gradius III, Gunstar Heroes, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros. 3

SSBB with the blue blur.. tampa2012's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8980-5679-2090-4980
    You need an USB Sd converter ,around 40$ it converts SD cards in a flash drive plug it into usb port and BOOM! instant acsess to all files and more on SD card...

COD:WAW f.c- 4382- 6073-7666

Member #
    Friends
    where on my computer might the driver be?my computer is like 2 years old. but theres no way im paying anything over 20 bucks just to get and upload saved games

Member #
    Friends
    I bought a Dell about a year ago without a card reader so it's not completely standard. You can pick one up a lot cheaper than $40. Check newegg. You can get one for less than $10 shipped.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah it's far from accurate to call SD slots "standard". They are not.

Another vote for NewEgg. You can find 99% of the computer stuff you need there, often for some of the best prices and reasonable (or free) shipping. The more you buy, the better the shipping deal. So stock up. And use the ratings and reviews to make your choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Every half-decent computer I have seen has an SD card slot. Mines like five years old and it has one...
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    i have a 14-in-one card reader that i got for under $5 shipped. forget where though. it can read any type of flash memory. even mini and micro SD cards (without the adapter to make it a normal size SD). if you spend over $15 on a card reader you paid WAY WAY WAY to much.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    Every half-decent computer I have seen has an SD card slot. Mines like five years old and it has one...
    If by "half-decent" you mean "overpriced" then I wholeheartedly agree.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    While I agree that media slots are convenient, the irony is that you tend to only see them included on "pimped-out" lower-end models... those "media PCs" and the like which are really low-end computer components flooded with tons of gimmicky add-ons to increase the "gee whiz" factor.

I just worked with someone to purchase a Dell Latitude D630, which is a rock-solid quality laptop. Are you seriously trying to convince us that Latitudes aren't "halfway decent"? If so, you're a bit out of touch.

Tip: if it's being sold off the floor at Best Buy, Circuit City, or Staples, it's not a "high end" PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads