LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0773-9662-7362-5948
    hi i am having some trouble..... how rude let me introduce myself im jason lol, got the wii bout 4 days ago, i made a mii and i deleted it, but now when ever i want to play "wii play" i cant it freezes with 2 players 1 player fine help please

Member #
    Friends
    4749-8396-7900-0271
    My Wii Remote stopped working today and it's not the batteries...I've replaced them. I thought maybe I could find someone that could care to help me out as it would would be greatly appreciated!

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachiri
    My Wii Remote stopped working today and it's not the batteries...I've replaced them. I thought maybe I could find someone that could care to help me out as it would would be greatly appreciated!
    trick: when you buy a Wiimote, what you have to do when the Wiimote coming with the system fails for X reason, you just put that one in the package of the Wiimote you bought in store and return it. If possible take an extended warranty(1 year or more depending on the store's warranty availability) on the Wiimote before buying it

i would do that instead of returning the whole Wii package to the store only for the Wiimote...

Member #
    Friends
    Hello everyone!

I've had mine for just over a week. I've run into most of the problems mentioned in this thread (bad luck?) but I've managed to resolve them all with no reoccurance, except one...

I purchased an add'l Wiimote and yesterday it began simply shutting off. Initially I thought it was a sync problem, so I resynced it...no luck. Then I noticed that if I tapped it, it would turn off. Pressing a button would "wake" it (complete with the chime from the Wii) but another tap or even sudden movement and the thing would shut off.

Seems like a loose/faulty connection. I'm trying to exchange it (still have the original purchase receipt) but, of course, no one has any Wiimotes in stock.

Thoughts?

-Andrew

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    just return it with the receipt?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorZX3
    just return it with the receipt?
    Well, according to the Customer Service rep at Target, without the original package, I can't actually return it. They can only exchange it for a like item, which is fine with me, seeing as I'd like to have more than one Wiimote.

While I am convinced the Wiimote is faulty, I'm wondering if anyone has some add'l knowledge they can bestow upon me...perhaps enlightening me to the fact that it is not actually the Wiimote that is faulty, but rather the user (i.e. something I've neglected to try/do).

-Andrew

Smash Bros Enthusiast islandvic's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3821-8336-1159-5327
    OK sooo since Sunday my wii remotes started doing crazy things and I couldn't get it to work. I just turned it on again today and there was no picture and then it wouldn't power off! It let me eject the Zelda disc though. So I read through this topic and decided to unplug it from the outlet. I plugged it back in and there was a big ZOINK sound, thought it had blown up lol. It seems to be working fine now...getting an update as we speak. Wish me luck

Member #
    Friends
    Has anyone found a solution to the Wii Remote cutting in and out? It's been going on for me for about a week now and it's really annoying. I'll be one point away from match point in tennis and I'll go to swing and it doesn't swing cause the remote cuts out, and then a couple seconds later cuts back in. This is really annoying what should I do? It's the original remote that came with the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdr.keen
    Well, according to the Customer Service rep at Target, without the original package, I can't actually return it. They can only exchange it for a like item, which is fine with me, seeing as I'd like to have more than one Wiimote.

While I am convinced the Wiimote is faulty, I'm wondering if anyone has some add'l knowledge they can bestow upon me...perhaps enlightening me to the fact that it is not actually the Wiimote that is faulty, but rather the user (i.e. something I've neglected to try/do).

-Andrew
    Sounds to me like you're 100% right - if you're giving your controller sudden movements and it shuts off, there's something wrong. The only thing in your power you can do is check that the batteries are set correctly - though this would be a hard thing not to do right. Nintendo has that area pretty sussed out though with their spring action battery connectors.
    I'm afraid it's something you're just going to have to wait out. It's either swap it over or tolerate the problem (or throw it out)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWiggman
    ...I'm afraid it's something you're just going to have to wait out. It's either swap it over or tolerate the problem (or throw it out)
    I got lucky. My wife picked one up tonight and so I'll just use the packaging from the new one to return the faulty one. Not exactly on the "up and up", but frankly the policy at Target seems a bit counter-customer service. I bought it there, I have the receipt, I just didn't hang onto the plastic container (who does?).

Anyway, I'm back in business! Thanks for the verification TheWiggman.

-Andrew

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Ads