LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    OK Quick continuation of the story. I purchased the Nintendo WaveBird wireless controllers to play GameCube games. Using these controllers is why we keep losing the communication between the Wii remotes and the console. Haven't gotten to the bottom of all that yet but it is forcing us to resync the Wii remotes almost every time.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by pfieldho
    OK Quick continuation of the story. I purchased the Nintendo WaveBird wireless controllers to play GameCube games. Using these controllers is why we keep losing the communication between the Wii remotes and the console. Haven't gotten to the bottom of all that yet but it is forcing us to resync the Wii remotes almost every time.
    try different channels on the Wavebird. since both use wireless, they can get in conflict, so try what i told you, normally it should fix the problem.
    Wii games owned: Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Swing Golf, Metal Slug Anthology.
    SD Card: 3 x 1GB

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorZX3
    don't forget to put the wireless router to "manual channel selecting" and choose a random channel, so it doesn't go in conflict with other routers around. i had a problem with channel 1 and 2, i switched to channel 9 and i have no problem since.

I too have a cheap wireless router (D-Link DI-524) but it works pretty fine right now.
    I don't have to worry about that, I only have one router and I live in the suburbs, I have no problem with other wireless access points

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    i never had any problem with that yet, but i heard other wireless accessories can get in conflict with the Wiimote too (tv remotes, etc...),
    Wii games owned: Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Swing Golf, Metal Slug Anthology.

KnightsOfTheWiiRepublic JediMasterWii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i have had 3 lockips on my wii console but i just restarted and i was fine. i never turn my will off, it uses so little power i can be bothered with off and on. if you are having issues just unplug all componets (yes all componets) leave it for about 60 minutes (seriously) now plug it all in and turn on and keave it on overnight long if possible this should erease all know issues. i have done it and it works fine. as i said mine never goes off, not even in standby, light always green.

Member #
    Friends
    We opened our Wii Christmas Day and it worked for about 20 minutes - just enough for us to get REALLY excited about it - and then the power went off and we can't get it to start up again. The light won't even light up. Has anyone found a fix for it or is it dead?

Thanks! Hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas (and a lot more luck than we are).

Kristen & Janet

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet7
    We opened our Wii Christmas Day and it worked for about 20 minutes - just enough for us to get REALLY excited about it - and then the power went off and we can't get it to start up again. The light won't even light up. Has anyone found a fix for it or is it dead?

Thanks! Hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas (and a lot more luck than we are).

Kristen & Janet
    be sure to use a good power bar that would filter the power peaks, so those "peaks" won't damage the electronic components plugged on it.

KnightsOfTheWiiRepublic JediMasterWii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    send it back this is a power issuse must be a resister problem as it is losing power and the power supply is not losing power so must be the console. its in warrenty so just send it back. the time you spend try to fiddle it will be there and back.

Member #
    Friends

Hardware reset?

I set up the wireless connection, said successful, downloaded update (took an hour) then it started downloading agin - still going over an hour later and not even a quarter through. How do I get back to home and abandon this? Even pulling the plug doesn't work - just wants to start again. Does anybody know?

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS13
    I set up the wireless connection, said successful, downloaded update (took an hour) then it started downloading agin - still going over an hour later and not even a quarter through. How do I get back to home and abandon this? Even pulling the plug doesn't work - just wants to start again. Does anybody know?
    what kind of internet connection you have? did you put the MAC address of your Wii in the "allow list" of your router?

on my side, i have one of the cheapest wireless router from D-Link (DI-524) and the only protection i have is "indestructible": only allowing MAC Addresses in the list to access my connection (wireless or not).

on my MAC Addresses list, i have: my main computer, my old computer, my laptop, my DS and my Wii.

Ads