LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Heya

So, at launch I managed to get a Wii from a bundle deal. Played it, had no problems. Good 40 hours of Zelda before I put it away for a bit. Recently, thanks to Christmas, I managed to pick up a few more games. Thing is, anything other than Zelda it will not play. I can get a few Excite Truck races going before It locks up, Red Steel doesnt make it past the Wii Strap menu, and Elebits merely lets me start story mode before it locks up.

What I cant figure out is, since Zelda seemed to work fine, is it the games or the Wii's problem?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    if you have strange problems with your Wii, just tell Nintendo or the store where you bought it.

you can register your Wii on "My Nintendo", on the Nintendo website, for a whole 1-year Warranty, for free!
    Wii games owned: Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Swing Golf, Metal Slug Anthology.
    SD Card: 3 x 1GB

Member #
    Friends
    1465-1869-0173-2074

Another Wii Problem (Graphic Rendering)

Another Wii Problem

I'm having a problem with what i believe to be rendering of graphics... when i start or play zelda twilight the characters i perform with seem to have spasmatic body changes as i go or w/e.. also in boxing it will often come to a hardboiled view of my gloves and lock up... also on other games i have certain problems... i recorded a video which i attached at the end to help show the problem i have (the encoder made the sound buggy but we are just looking at graphics... and its kinda a sorry put-together recording so~ my apologies)... I believe that i may have to send this somewhere or take it back~ idk... i've already registered it on my Nintendo for the extended warranty... any ideas what i should do?
    thanks in advance

Video Link: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/...ii_problem.MP4

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    yes it's the first time i see something like this...

if it happen with most of your games, it must be the system, return it...
    Last edited by RaptorZX3; 12-29-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    Wii games owned: Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Swing Golf, Metal Slug Anthology.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    My remote is not working. Or perhaps it is the sensor bar, I'm not entirely sure.

Yesterday it worked fine, I turned it off, and went out. The following morning I went to play it and the remote was no longer working. The cursor was not appearing. It was not dropped, nothing had happened to it. And from what I can ascertain the remote can withstand being thrown against walls.

I figured perhaps the batteries had run out, I replaced them. Nothing happened. I turned off the console, turned it back on and still the remote did not work.

I tried to re-sync it. Nothing. The lights are not flashing whatsoever. I am getting absolutely no response from the Wii remote. I replaced the batteries for a third time, still no go. I tried holding the sync button on the console for 15-20 seconds. And then tried re-syncing. Nothing. The lights did not even flash.

I unplugged everything and left it unplugged for nearly 10 minutes. Plugged it all back in, still the remote failed to connect, or do anything for that matter.

By now, I was very annoyed. Went away for a few hours, and came back later to see if it had fixed itself over time. Of course it hadn't. I have also even left the batteries out for nearly 10 mins. Still nothing.

Any suggestions? Or should I just take it back to the retailer? Or whomever I need to take/send it back too. Why would it just do that? I had no problems with it right up until that point. As mentioned above, it wasn't dropped, and wasn't even touched since the last time I played it when it was working fine. Unless someone merely is not owning up. However, I'd like to believe by now they would have confessed to have done something.

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    take it back to the store, tell them about this problem. Or if you prefer, you can tell Nintendo about that. The annoying part is you have to wait to get a replacement (but shipping is free, check the Nintendo website about their shipping methods).

i still need to test my Wii with 2+ players/Wiimotes...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Okay, thanks. I'll take it back to the store. The only problem is the store is well known for putting up a fight against returns. I should know, I work at one of the chains of the company.

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekiushi
    Okay, thanks. I'll take it back to the store. The only problem is the store is well known for putting up a fight against returns. I should know, I work at one of the chains of the company.

they don't have the right to do this! Stores will replace your product if it broke within 90 days. If they are not happy, tell them you have the law on your side and they will lose if they're going in court for that!

tell me, is is Best Buy or Future Shop?

they are known here for being grumpy when we return stuff...

geez....i took a 5-years warranty from Best Buy for my LCD monitor, if i return something that broke in that 5 years, i want my product replaced! (or something similar, if discontinued).

Member #
    Friends
    0452-9416-6102-0106
    I've got a problem and have no idea what's going on.

Bought my console at the UK launch (8th December) so it's only 3 weeks old. About a week ago I noticed the disk drive makes a funny noise when I play Red Steel. The last couple of days I've noticed that it actually makes this noise whenever a disk is inserted. It's a weird, sort of vibrating noise. The games are not affected at all so it seems but the noise is VERY annoying.

I e-mailed Nintendo on Thursday but no reply so far. It's strange how this came out of the blue anyone got an idea what could be causing it?

Member #
    Friends
    My wii Files are corrupted? what shall i do?

Ads