LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Nah, Raptor, I'm in Australia. It was from Big W. Part of Woolworths limited. I once had a huge argument with someone about returning cheese, I have no idea why I wasn't allowed to accept it, but I wasn't. That was at Woolworths, anyways. Big W hate taking returns, it refused to accept back a phone once. But, this would be different. I've only had it for three weeks. Yelling always works too.

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekiushi
    Nah, Raptor, I'm in Australia. It was from Big W. Part of Woolworths limited. I once had a huge argument with someone about returning cheese, I have no idea why I wasn't allowed to accept it, but I wasn't. That was at Woolworths, anyways. Big W hate taking returns, it refused to accept back a phone once. But, this would be different. I've only had it for three weeks. Yelling always works too.
    it's good to have a muscled/buff friend and/or someone good at yelling, then.
    Because here, within 3 weeks, they wouldn't be in law if they don't replace it and they would be in big trouble.

as for the corrupted files, buy yourself a SD Card (not the "Nintendo" one, you can take any SD Card out there, up to 2gb), and do backups of your files regularly.
    Wii games owned: Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Swing Golf, Metal Slug Anthology.
    SD Card: 3 x 1GB

Member #
    Friends
    I am confused on how to copy files to the Wii memory card, which is why I think my Wii has a problem. You see, from the Wii menu I go to the Wii in the bottom-left corner, and etc. but when I view my files and click them (yes, my memory card is in the SD slot), it only gives me the options to erase my files and not copy them. This really flusters me. Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be wrong? What does formatting the memory do? Was that something that I should have done? I dont want to do it because it will erase all of the data that i want to copy to the SD card.

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    some files are not copyable (like the Metal Slug Anthology file) i wonder why.

but if you insert a SD Card and ask to copy a file that is copyable, you shouldn't have problem copying it.

don't forget it takes SD Cards up to 2gb only, and i believe the slot only take normal SD Cards (not the "ultra-high speed" SD Card)
    Wii games owned: Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Swing Golf, Metal Slug Anthology.

Member #
    Friends
    Keep getting a weird error on my Wii.

I go to play a game, it doesn't automatically start. So, I go to the disc channel and it says 'Initiating wii update', you press okay, then it says failed and resets itself thus chucking you back to the main screen.

This is with any game I try to play. Happened last night, and 15 or so minutes later it worked fine? Just wondered whether anyone else was getting this, as I'm not sure why my Wii is constantly looking for an update as I know for a fact I have updated the system software to the latest version.
    All the other channels work fine - of which do not ask me to update at all. I can browse the net, look at the weather, go to my mii channel, shop etc perfectly fine.

I've looked through a few of these pages already and haven't seen anyone mention it...

Member #
    Friends
    hello everyone.

For some reason my wiimote or sensor bar stopped working. All the button commands still work, but i can not see/ use the pointer. When i try to sync the wii mote only 3 lights blink as apposed to 4 (correct?)

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    que 4/3/2/1 light(s) flashing when being detected by the Wii is the battery level i think

Member #
    Friends

Wii CD drive failed and failing to read any of my 3 games

Hi ive had my wii out of the box only from 25th december and it died on the 30th of december!!! it lasted 5 days!!!

Ive had it sat on my desk upright with the clear stand below it to keep it up and its had full air access around it.

My CD drive is failing to read any of my 4 Wii games that ive had.

Symptoms were - Loaded Wii play as it was loading myself and my girlfriend both heard a crunching sound come from the Wii, we got as far as selecting our Mii's and just as i selected the pigeon shooting game the standard message appeared about not being able to read the CD and suggested cleaning the disc , power off etc...

All of which ive tried and now no games load at all and i just get the error which says its unable to read any CD's i put in!!!

You can guess iam not happy as now i have to wait until new year is over before i can even contact Nintendo for a replacement...

Iam very worried though from what ive read on this thread as it sounds like multiple Wii's are failing from this same CD drive failure...

This failure has reminded me why years ago on my PC when i also had a slot loading CD drive which also failed due to it not properly picking up and centering the CD's when they are loaded...

I hope this isnt going to be a major problem with the Wii... But from what ive read, possible more than 20 other people have had exactly the same problem here.

I will be contacting nintendo on tues/weds of this week depending when they are open again to find out how i go about sending this back to the company that deal with the replacements, i also hope they have spares waiting else ill be very unhappy...

This ruined my new years party as it was going to be the center of attention for my friends who wanted to play it!!

I'd love to here from the other guys in this thread about how they are getting on with there new Wii's??

With my Wii currently broken you can clearly hear when you insert any CD that its not picking it up properly as you hear clicking and clunking noises from the drive mechanism trying to load the CD but its failing..

I've also tried putting my Wii horizontally, at first it wouldnt even load the CD's this way, but then after a few attempts it did, but with the same errors..

Ill keep you posted.
    Nick.

Member #
    Friends

Loading Wii Games

Ever since I bought my Wii on launch, I have been experiencing problems concerning inserting Wii Games. Occasionally when inserting a Wii game I hear a weird repetitive noise that keeps occurring and then a error messages appears which states for you to remove any disk inserted and turning the Wii off, or no error message appears and the game does not show via Wii Menu. This doesn't happen all the time but happens at least once a day when I'm using my Wii.

This situation has occurred concerning all of my games, and that I don't believe the problem is to do with the Wii games I have purchased

Anyone else experiencing similar problems, if so let us know

Daniele

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    if you have strange problems with your Wii, contact Nintendo and they will surely replace it for free.

or contact the store where you bought it, because i guess it's surely still on the store warranty (here it's 90-days warranty for new systems, bought it in an EBGames on Nov.19, but i bought the 1-year warranty with them)

Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads