Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Discs won't play

Hello,

I purchased a Wii for my son on x-mas. A few days ago it stopped working. He can no longer play any discs and receives error messages: "Can't read discs". This even happens on brand new ones. We restarted the console and pulled all plugs for several hours. Still nothing.

We tried to download a game onto the console and it worked properly.

Please advise

Thanks

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0079-8462-7419-1215
    check if its on backwards, happened to me :P
    if not check if u still have store warrenty and if not go to nintendo.com and u can get 90 day extended warrenty for free

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by som1
    check if its on backwards, happened to me :P
    if not check if u still have store warrenty and if not go to nintendo.com and u can get 90 day extended warrenty for free
    Thanks much for the advice on registering. I called customer service and they were able to pull up my account right away. I have a new Wii on it's way free of charge. Go Nintendo customer service!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Hey guys, little problem.

Recently whenever I put my disc in (such as WarioWare or Zelda) it will load, however when I put the disc in a few days ago it said Cannot read disk. So I took it out, put it back in fine.

This has happened three times, and I don't know if it's a big error.

Another little error just recently happened in WarioWare, I was watching a cutscene for one of the characters, and it seemed to be very laggy. It played, stop for a second, continued, then stopped a bit. Should I get a replacement?

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyness
    Hey guys, little problem.

Recently whenever I put my disc in (such as WarioWare or Zelda) it will load, however when I put the disc in a few days ago it said Cannot read disk. So I took it out, put it back in fine.

This has happened three times, and I don't know if it's a big error.

Another little error just recently happened in WarioWare, I was watching a cutscene for one of the characters, and it seemed to be very laggy. It played, stop for a second, continued, then stopped a bit. Should I get a replacement?
    yes, did you had to ask the question? hardware problem = get a replacement, if you took a warranty with the store where you bought it, get a replacement there.
    Wii games owned: Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Swing Golf, Metal Slug Anthology.
    SD Card: 3 x 1GB

Member #
    Friends
    Sorry >_<

I'll proborly wait about a month, if it gets worse, off to Nintendo.

Member #
    Friends
    0452-9416-6102-0106
    Well I've sort of got an update with my Wii that I sent to Nintendo UK.

It's been 3 weeks now since it was delivered. I phoned them on Wednesday and the bloke said they DEFINENTLY have my console. He said he would try to make mine a priority and that if I don't get it back by Monday I should call back.

Called back yesterday and guess what. They said they have no record of mine and it might be lost. Bloke told me to fax over my proof of delivery and they will send me a new one. Faxed it over.

Phoned back an hour later to check they got the fax, bloke went to check, picked it up and said it might not be lost after all might just be in the post still they will need to 'investigate'.

Spoke to 3 people with 3 different opinions. Nintendo UK don't have a clue what they are doing. It really is a discrace.

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313

3rd Party Title Problems

Similar to this posted earlier:

Hi, im having a problem with mine too, the cursor motion on the main screen used to be reall smooth, but now it jerks and jumps from time ot time, i play zelda and theres no problem, smooth cursor, but red steel and wii sports are the same when the cursor is jerking and jumping, ive moved the sensor and changed the sensitivity, but still no joy. can anyone help please.

Setup: DVD projector with sensor bar 6 - 7 foot away, within the specified distance, no problems

For Nintendo I have Wiisports; LOZ
    3rd Party I have: Redsteel; COD3; Rayman Raving Rabbids; Need for Speed

With the Nintendo titles I can play all day and not have a problem with any of the sports or LOZ - responsive accurate, no worries

With the 3rd party titles:
    Rayman - if I sit back on the couch to play - I get "the wii controller has lost communication with the tv - please move closer!" bear in mind that this is about 6inches further back that when I lean forward!

COD3 - Where to start. When trying to move around with the wiimote, it skips about like a giddy schoolgirl then very very jerky and generally unresponsive. Nunchuck doesn't do jack when it comes to setting the fuse, fighting or driving. All other games with nunchuck work perfectly. When I quit the game back to the title screen, the signal cuts out and my dvd projector title screen comes up and I have to re source the signal....?

Redsteel - Similar to COD but also tends to drift when manouvering with wiimote - i.e. goes too far or just stops and then starts again. (nunchuck works a treat though!)

NFS - Cheeeesus I might as well be using a twix bar for this one, it is genuinely terrible - if I "steer" the responsiveness is so far behind it's really heeeee-rendous

I have re-syncronised, moved the sensor bar, altered the wii & in-game sensitivity and nothing improves the 3rd party controls. Now whilst this may seem fairly trivial compared to the terrible problems listed over the many pages of this thread (BTW I have also had a couple of lock ups, again mainly inthe 3rd party games, touch wood nothing too serious that a quick flick off of the power wouldn't solve)

Is this a pattern emerging - has Nintendo not told the 3rd party devs everything there is to know about the wiimotes magical powers

If anyone has figured a solution out as well I would be grateful...
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends

Weird USB WI-FI problem

help!!

hi i got my nintendo usb wi-fi connector and installed it and all, it worked brilliant for the first day but then it got weird, it shows on my computer that thers no users connected so i go into my wii settings and go to internet and test connection and it shows on my computer one or more users connected and its green and full bar and i get on my wii screen connection successful, and a code of like 41357 or summin.

but as soon as i installthe update or just go straight to the wii menu on my comp it goes back to no connected users.

Its weird, when i go to the online channels it comes back connected and wii menu dissconnected and iv tried sendin mail and its failing>

im confused ,

any help?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsilence
    Hello,

I purchased a Wii for my son on x-mas. A few days ago it stopped working. He can no longer play any discs and receives error messages: "Can't read discs". This even happens on brand new ones. We restarted the console and pulled all plugs for several hours. Still nothing.

We tried to download a game onto the console and it worked properly.

Please advise

Thanks
    I had this same problem (once) and I kind of freaked out, but then I noticed I put the cd in the wrong way lol. Make sure the shiny said is on the side of the powerbutton when you put it in, I hope that'll help you sir.

Ads