+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast
    Wii news & weather freak OatmealMan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5559-7134-4281-1743
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiGirl2006
    Sometimes when I am playing my Wii it will freeze up and I have ti reset everything and unplug the cord. After I do this it works fine, but I am just worried that there is a problem with it. It only happens once and a great while, but it shouldn't do that.
    hmm that sounds like a personal problem...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends

THE Exact same problem!

Quote Originally Posted by zx3chris
    Plugged in Wii last night (after waiting 8 hrs in NYC cold). worked great, logged into my wireless access point and updated the firmware twice. played for a few hours. Turned the device off (went to standby, orange LED). Today, it stayed in standby mode and i could not recover from it. I turned off the power by holding down the power switch and LED went red. Hitting it again, it turned green, the screen shows absolutely nothing.

I've tried different inputs and 2 other TVs - the Wii turns on, DVD drive spins up, but the screen is completely black -

does anyone else have a similiar issue? There are no error codes reported;

/chris
    This is exactly what happened me some hour ago when I was trying to start Opera. It hung up so I forced a restart and then the Wii turns on, DVD drive spins up, but the screen is completely black. The wiimote doesnt respond, just blinks. The TV doesn't seem to find the wii, but it shines in green, and I can turn it off by holding down the power button, but I can not shut it down with the wiimote. Only start it with it. I bought it expensive through ebay without receipt so I wonder if I even have a guarantee for it? Am I doomed or what? Maybe... There is a way to physically reset the whole system to scratch by holding down all the buttons for 15 seconds or something? Im in dire need of help...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by aGRIPPA
    This is exactly what happened me some hour ago when I was trying to start Opera. It hung up so I forced a restart and then the Wii turns on, DVD drive spins up, but the screen is completely black. The wiimote doesnt respond, just blinks. The TV doesn't seem to find the wii, but it shines in green, and I can turn it off by holding down the power button, but I can not shut it down with the wiimote. Only start it with it. I bought it expensive through ebay without receipt so I wonder if I even have a guarantee for it? Am I doomed or what? Maybe... There is a way to physically reset the whole system to scratch by holding down all the buttons for 15 seconds or something? Im in dire need of help...

So that happened to me and I called nintendo. They gave me 2 options, advanced placement unit that came 3 days later or drive to the nearest nintendo repair center. I actually did both. I drove to the repair center, walked in, told them my problem and they gave me a replace unit and said they couldn't repair my unit. They didn't ask for proof of ownership and just had to jot down my address and serial number of the Wii. So just call nintendo. hope it helps!

Member #
    Friends

Lights D:

Well, my curser won't show up on the Wii menu, and when I shut the Wii off, the light on the front, instead of turning red, turned a yellowish color. And this happens everytime I try using it~
    I tried unplugging everything, but nothing is changing.... help please? D':

Last edited by Chibi Yousei; 02-04-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0079-8462-7419-1215
    make sure ur wii stand (thing on top or bottom of tv) is connected properly, and the yellow light means ur wii has wiiconnect 24 on/ in standby mode....if u dont want that then go to wii menu, wiiconnect24 options and turn wiiconnect24 off

Member #
    Friends
    if you have error codes, give this site a try

http://www.wiierrorcodes.com

just search for your code, or browse for it

Member #
    Friends
    Can anyone confirm this. When you insert a game into the Wii drive and wait about 2 seconds, can you hear a single click noise?

Furthermore when turning the wii off with the game still in the drive, does it also make a clicking noise?

The reason I am asking is because for the past few days when playing games, the CD/DVD game inside the drive of the Wii can be heard making clicking sounds causing the game to error. It is only after a reboot of the system that the game loads normally. CD/DVD media is unmarked and the problem occurs randomly. I am concerned for the reliability of my Wii System and believe the problem to be the Laser on the CD drive. I am also concerned that the system may damage the game CD's.

Member #
    Friends
    0452-9416-6102-0106
    Finally got a new console on Monday after waiting over a month (well I say new, it was obviously a refurb) and guess what. It wont play Zelda. Not at all. It locks up after a minute of play every time. I know it's not the disk as it's pristine and I finished it on my old console, which was also faulty. I am sick and tired of the Wii now. I'm gonna phone Nintendo tomorrow. I've also spent 70 on VC points which I can't get back.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm having an issue with the graphics on my Wii. I see streaks of black and green disburssed throughout the screen in game and on the Home screen throughout the Wii screens and they seem to appear randomly and stay. They are faint and appear almost as static or interference. It almost looks like writing in the background. I am using a third party s-video cable for the video so I will attempt to move to another television and see if it's the Wii or what. Anyway, just writing to see if anyone else has encountered a similar problem.

Member #
    Friends
    my wii remote sticks on wii play and baldy on call of duty 3 any one got any ideas

Ads