Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I had the exact same issue, they are sending me a new one

Member #
    Friends

Whirring power unit in standby mode?!

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but my search came up with nothing so here goes....

Does anyone elses power unit make a whirring noise when the Wii is in standby mode?!

Its perfectly fine when the Wii is turned on but when in standby mode is makes a constant whirring noise that, although not overly loud, gets quite annoying!! I like the idea of WiiConnect24 but theres no way I'd leave my Wii turned on with that noise going on!

I'm just concerned that it I have a faulty power unit it could be dangerous!

Other than that I'm enjoying my new Wii immensely!!

Member #
    Friends
    I am having a problem. I have had my Wii for 3 months now. When i updated my system for the everybody votes channel and the new internet channel today. It updates, but when i go to menu those channels dont pop up at all. I go to data management and the save data menu's and they are not listed at all for being saved on the wii or saved anywhere for that matter. I have come to the conclusion that my wii has no more internel memory left there for it doesnt save it. I dont have much saved on the wii's memory. Just i think 2 blocks of LoZ:TP, the internet trail version channel, and some other channel, news or something. Would just buying an SD card and saving the channels on the SD solve the problem, or is something wrong with my wii?

Member #
    Friends

Wii works, wii doesn't

my wii is usually awesome and doesnt give me any trouble except for the expected misread swing on tiger woods 07. but lately it has been acting weird. I popped in red steel and the buttons on the nunchuck were fine but it wouldnt flip the table when i moved it. I tried both chucks I have and even restarted the game. I then popped in call of duty 3 and the reload on the chuck worked fine (red steel used to be fine until now). Then just got super paper mario and the wiimote when it told me to shake it when i was frozen did not respond and I died. and trust me i tried shaking it all different ways. soft smooth and then like a banshee at all different heights and levels to the sensor bar. is it my wii, or the games?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by R0DJOh
    I have this same damn problem...
    I also had this exact same problem (mine wasnt quite as severe). I called Nintendo up, finally got through, explained the problem - said i'd tried it on my HDTV and old CRT, using component and composite cables and its still present. He said send it in and they'll fix / replace the system. Mailed it yesterday on special delivery - he said I should get it back in about a week.

I'll let you know how it goes if anyones interested.

Member #
    Friends
    5133-1980-9154-2212

Second Wiimote Not Working!

I love playing games like Smooth Moves, Wii Play and Wii Sports with friends and family but recently, I've notice a very annoying problem! When I try to play a game with two remotes the second will always un-sync, and will do so straight away if I re-sync it. It isn't just the remote either because I have tried using both remotes as second player and both do not connect to the wii.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Update: Having tested it more thoroughly(sp?) I've worked out that it only happens on WarioWare: Smooth Moves, so it would not seem to be a hardware problem.

Update2: Turns out that WarioWare doesn't even use 2 remotes so in the end both this and the topic I made in the gaming forum were pretty stupid! I suppose I need to do my research before I post a problem!
    Last edited by Dreamweaver; 04-13-2007 at 10:20 AM.

Crap! It's a sony ninja! FaithJordan94's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Here goes! Bez: I suggest you call nintendo. Xairi: Have you downloaded a ton of games off wii shop? If so delete some. It hurts ,but it's worth it. Wiiman: Try restarting the wii. If it's still not working, replace the batteries, Lastly, Dream: Get wiiplay. It syncs the best. Plus, it's an awesome game.
    What I've got: Zelda: Twilight Princess, Rayman Raving rabbids , Wii Play, Wii Sports (duh) ,Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario, and Cooking Mama. 2086-7454-4207-4384 Add and PM me and I'll add ya back. Did I help you? Most likely I didn't ,but if so press the cute little green mushroom. Also be warned.. I'm from Alabama. I get offended easily.

Comp Sci's Smurfette kissoff182's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    Just wondering if there are 2 different lenses, 1 for the Game Cube and one for the Wii discs because my Wii reads game cube discs just fine... it will no longer read Wii discs. I think the 4-year-old my bf lives with may have dropped it. It's sincerely pissing me off.

The other part of it is that my boyfriend tried to open up the Wii to fix it and you can't fix it because you need some bizarre screwdriver for it... it's not a phillips and it's not flathead, it's this weird 3 way or y shaped hole.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0452-9416-6102-0106
    Quote Originally Posted by Xairi
    I am having a problem. I have had my Wii for 3 months now. When i updated my system for the everybody votes channel and the new internet channel today. It updates, but when i go to menu those channels dont pop up at all. I go to data management and the save data menu's and they are not listed at all for being saved on the wii or saved anywhere for that matter. I have come to the conclusion that my wii has no more internel memory left there for it doesnt save it. I dont have much saved on the wii's memory. Just i think 2 blocks of LoZ:TP, the internet trail version channel, and some other channel, news or something. Would just buying an SD card and saving the channels on the SD solve the problem, or is something wrong with my wii?
    Very simple solution. Nothing is wrong with your Wii. After you update your system you have to go to the Wii Shop channel. Then go to Wii software and download the channels. Simple.
    Wii Games:

Wii Sports, Wii Play, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Big Brain Academy, Excite Truck, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers Charged Football, Trauma Center, Eledees, Red Steel, Rayman Raving Rabbits, Monster 4X4, Harry Potter OOTP, The Godfather: Blackhand Edition, SSX Blur, Scarface, Call of Duty 3, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Sonic and the Secret Rings

Member #
    Friends
    i got my wii on friday 13th the disk drive didnt work and when i rang nintendo they said to send it to them and they will replace it
    has any1 else done this cause im just wondering how long il have to wait till i get the replacement

Ads