Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0452-9416-6102-0106
    Quote Originally Posted by jwadie
    i got my wii on friday 13th the disk drive didnt work and when i rang nintendo they said to send it to them and they will replace it
    has any1 else done this cause im just wondering how long il have to wait till i get the replacement
    Was an unlucky Friday 13th for you mate sorry to hear that.

I had all sorts of problems when I had to send my Wii in. After a month of chasing Nintendo UK they sent me a faulty unit. Phoned them back and finally got my perfect system mid feb when I sent my console early jan. Apparently they had a big backlog so hopefully yours will only take a couple of weeks, fingers crossed mate.
    Wii Games:

Wii Sports, Wii Play, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Big Brain Academy, Excite Truck, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers Charged Football, Trauma Center, Eledees, Red Steel, Rayman Raving Rabbits, Monster 4X4, Harry Potter OOTP, The Godfather: Blackhand Edition, SSX Blur, Scarface, Call of Duty 3, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Sonic and the Secret Rings

Member #
    Friends
    yay i sent my wii to be replaced on monday and i got the replacement today
    Spoiler Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    I agree, Wii needs a DVD player and it needs to have a blender on the side too. Nintendo should follow Sony's lead with the PS3 grill, people want something to taste while gaming...am I right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Divum
    Tsh, why doesn't the PS3 have a BBQ in it.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Hi all, Ive seen similar issues throughout this thread so not sure if its the same thing.

My Wiimote had stopped responding. Whats worse is this is the 2nd time this exact fault had happened, I got my current one as a replacement from Gamestation

It refuses to turn on - the lights just flash for a few seconds then go out. Ive tried tapping it and pressing the sync buttons, but I don't even have a cursor up on the screen since it won't switch on. Not sure what else I can do, but Ive tried 3 sets of new batteries now and its the same thing each time.

It hasnt been smacked against anything, and it just cut out this evening when I was using it to browse the shopping channel so it seemed odd that it would just die then.

Any ideas, or should I go back to the shop again and see if I can get yet another one? I emailed Nintendo but dont really want to have to wait while they do something about it.

Gib
    Member #
    Friends

Dodgy drive cog

The drive on my Wii has just died. It makes horrible sounds for 2 seconds when the wii is first turned on, and then when a disk is inserted, the disk goes in, the sound happens for 5 seconds or more, then the disk pops out and back in again, then the sound again....

Unfortunately I couldn't take it back to Nintendo for 2 reasons :
    1. It was purchased in Japan and I'm in England.
    2. I'd already opened it up to add something to help me play games in English..

So, I opened it back up and tracked down the fault. See the picture I just tried to attach to this post. When you insert a disk, cog A turns, which drives cog B, then cog C, then cog D, which drives the big bit of plastic E, which goes on to clamp the holders onto the middle of the DVD so it can start spinning.

The problem however is that cog C isn't driving cog D. It's because cog C isn't on its axle properly, and when driven by cog B, it goes all wonky, and up the axle a bit, such that it no longer connects to cog D....

Has anyone had the same problem ? Any suggestions for fixing it myself, or where in London I could get it fixed "no questions asked" ? Or if I can get a new drive (that still supports modchipping).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?-wii_cogs_small.jpg  
    Last edited by Gib; 04-21-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Member #
    Friends

Wiimote unsyncs when you select channel or game

I have 2 wiimotes that I have no problem getting to sync. I can navigate all over the main menu and configure anything I want to. BUT....as soon as I try to start a game, go to Pictures, or even to Mii, they both become unSynced. I just purchased it yesterday and I have yet to play a single new game. I can my old game cube games to work, because the wiimotes will let me select the game, and then the game cube remotes work fine. Also, once the remotes are synced, I can turn off the Wii, and then turn it back on...but once I turn it on the wiimotes become unsynced again.

ANY IDEAS???? THANX!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jwadie
    i got my wii on friday 13th the disk drive didnt work and when i rang nintendo they said to send it to them and they will replace it
    has any1 else done this cause im just wondering how long il have to wait till i get the replacement
    Hey buddy I have the same problem here. The Wii cannot load the game disks and I noticed there's some clicking sound while loading. I got this one straight from Nintendo, and same as you, the very first time I was trying to use it, it couldn't load anything! Nintendo really has a serious problem with the quality issue (so as NDS)!

I think the time period depends on what region you are in. The lady from NOA I called told me it would be just 14 business days in Canada.

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    Quote Originally Posted by futballer
    I have 2 wiimotes that I have no problem getting to sync. I can navigate all over the main menu and configure anything I want to. BUT....as soon as I try to start a game, go to Pictures, or even to Mii, they both become unSynced. I just purchased it yesterday and I have yet to play a single new game. I can my old game cube games to work, because the wiimotes will let me select the game, and then the game cube remotes work fine. Also, once the remotes are synced, I can turn off the Wii, and then turn it back on...but once I turn it on the wiimotes become unsynced again.

ANY IDEAS???? THANX!!!!
    I know that every time you start any channel you have to sync again the wiimote player #2, 3 and 4, but #1 should keep the sync. you can always sync the wiimotes by pressing home then clicking in the bottom where you have the options for the wiimote

Member #
    Friends
    Wiimote that came with the package is kind of broken. It always shows low on battery so it disconnects a lot, but I tried doing new batteries even from a brand new package. Same results.

Problem number 2, my Wii occasionally freezes. Happened once a long time ago, but today it just recently froze two times.

Number 3, I don't know if it is my Wii's problem, or my game's problem. In Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, in the fusion list in evolution Z, I can't fuse together ANYTHING. It just says that I don't have the fusion item numbers even though I can get it up to the box, AND it says x001 by the item.

That's it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau
    I know that every time you start any channel you have to sync again the wiimote player #2, 3 and 4, but #1 should keep the sync. you can always sync the wiimotes by pressing home then clicking in the bottom where you have the options for the wiimote
    Thanks for the post....but the wiimotes become unsynced as soon as I select a game to play...so unless someone has an answer to that, I can not play a game. NOT RIGHT!!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    My wii shuts down after a couple of hours of gameplay , i go and feel it and its super hot. What should i do.. This has been happening after the last update.oh and when i was updating with the last update it did the same while updating and it was super hot .

Ads