Any time I try to access the Weather or News, I get the message "Wiiconnect24 is currently turned off."
I'm running v2.2u. Wiiconnect24 is on, Standby is on. The date/time are correct. The internet connection (wireless) is working fine. I can access wiishop without any issues. I've accepted the user agreement numerous times. Any ideas how to fix this? I've read a lot of people have this problem, have yet to see a solution. I took the battery out, waited 5 minutes, still the same problem.
I tried the following steps, still yielding the same result:
1. Turn on Wii.
2. Back up your game saves to SD card.
3. Turn off Wiiconnect24 in your settings.
4. Turn off Wii. Unplug Wii.
5. Take out battery in back of system.
6. Plug in Wii and turn on system.
7. Make sure Wiiconnect24 is still off and format Wii memory.
8. With battery still out, turn system back on and setup all your settings.
9. Turn on Wiiconnect24 and check to make sure your news channel and forecast channel will again update and run as normal. Don?t forget you will have to set up your internet connection and time and date settings again.
10. Turn off Wii. DO NOT UNPLUG.
11. Reinstall battery.
CMON NINTENDO, wake up and realize this is an ongoing problem with users!!!!