LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Overheating?

Well the thing is, i was just playing super smash bros melee on the wii, using 2 pirahna controllers and a pirahna gc16 memory card. For (appearently) no reason the wii completely shuts down, causing the normally always working power led to ,well, stop working. So i plug out the power supply and put it back in. Led goes back on, turn on the wii and start playing smash bros again. Result? After a couple of minutes the wii just completely shuts down again. I have no idea whats wrong except maybe one thing. The wii is rather close to our fireplace and it gets pretty hot in our living room. I havent had any problems with the wii shutting down before and it didnt really feel hot, but its the best i can think of.
    Any help would be very welcome.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by Anathema1
    Well the thing is, i was just playing super smash bros melee on the wii, using 2 pirahna controllers and a pirahna gc16 memory card. For (appearently) no reason the wii completely shuts down, causing the normally always working power led to ,well, stop working. So i plug out the power supply and put it back in. Led goes back on, turn on the wii and start playing smash bros again. Result? After a couple of minutes the wii just completely shuts down again. I have no idea whats wrong except maybe one thing. The wii is rather close to our fireplace and it gets pretty hot in our living room. I havent had any problems with the wii shutting down before and it didnt really feel hot, but its the best i can think of.
    Any help would be very welcome.
    By the sounds of it Anathema you probably have experienced heat damage and recommend you contact Nintendo.

Something to note once your Wii has been repaired/replaced is that despite popular misconception the Wii is very subjectile to heat, especially when WiiConnect24 is on, and it is recommended to keep the Wii distant from various heat sources and given plenty of room for ventilation.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    Wiimotes not working.

1. It is NOT the batteries
    2. I keep syncing then they unsync by itself
    3. can only sync 1 at a time
    4. after it turns off button clicking just results in flash
    5. whenever i click them they flash
    6. both stopped working at the same time
    7. not lights or sensor bar (sense it was working before fine)
    if you hold the sync button on the wii for like 15 seconds it erases syncs of all wiimotes. dunno if that helps.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Was sort of expecting that. Thanks for the reply although this sucks. First the fan of my video card malfunctioned causing it to overheat. That was four months ago and my decent pc is still useless since theyre still repairing it. Who knows how long my wii will be gone. Sigh...

Member #
    Friends
    I can't get new wiimote to sync anymore, The ones I got with the wii work fine and sync, I got a third one now and when I needed it I couldn't get it to sink, I've tryed a million times pressing 1 and 2 together but it won't sink... I also can't get my friend's to sink either...

Brawl: 0473-7540-2454

Member #
    Friends
    Okay guys

My wii remote is not working in wii sports. The buttons and pointer work fine. I can move about the screens with the pointer but when I try to play the games the remote does not move. I have tried:

1) Synchronzing
    pointing at the console
    pointing at the sensor bar
    holding the SYNC button and the remote button at the same time

The remote blinks with 4 led's and settles on one

Result: Games do not work

2) Installed new batteries - Completed #1 same result

3) Unplugged everything and Completed #1 same result

4) Set sensitivity level and the movement of the dots on the screen is opposite of the remote movement

Help!

Member #
    Friends
    The issue i had with the Wii completely shutting down was merely a broken GC controller which short circuited the Wii causing it to shut down to prevent damage. Went to the store, got a new one, works perfectly. However... I was playing SBBM and all of the sudden i get this error that goes something like: An error has occured, turn the system off and read the Gamecube instruction Manual. Tried to play Mario Kart DD, same error only with the menu style of mario kart this time. So i figure my Wii cant play the damn GC mini disks anymore for some reason and i try to play Wii Sports. My wii is able to play wii sports correctly only it makes a very loud buzzing noise. Turned Wii off, mailed Nintendo. And i havent been any more pissed off in my entire life. Just today i got word that my 300euro video card wont be replaced since i broke off a piece of it... Yeah pieces tend to break off of video cards while they sit in the computer like theyre supposed to. This is amazing, i wont be seing my 300 euros again and who knows how long it will take for my wii to get repaired.
    Deep, deep sigh.

Member #
    Friends
    I have a problem when trying to play 2 player on wii sports with 2 remotes it freezes and I have to reset my wii to get it to start working again does anyone have any ideas whats wrong with it.

Member #
    Friends

Two remotes for Madden?

We cant figure out how to use 2 remotes for Madden and Woods games. How do you add remotes so that you don't have to keep switching back and forth?
    Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    You need to sync both remotes. hold the sync button for 15 sec's on both remotes. Once thats done start playing but assign each player one remote in the player settings.

Ads