LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 875
  1. #701
    Wii 4 teh Wiin George's Avatar
    Member #
    1936
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    over there
    Posts
    531
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtov
    I would try replacing the batteries and see if that might fix the problem. I expereinced the same problem when my rechargables are about to go out.
    Yep that sorts it out, until the batterys run down again, which takes about 2 hours of gameplay. My wiiremote has oddly drained any batterys i tried like hell, any help?

  2. #702
    WiiChat Member Dtov's Avatar
    Member #
    46317
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    Yep that sorts it out, until the batterys run down again, which takes about 2 hours of gameplay. My wiiremote has oddly drained any batterys i tried like hell, any help?
    If you are not using a decent rechargeable battery, I would recommend using Energizer Lithium batteries. If you are using just standard AA batteries especially a no-name brand, you will experience shorter play time.

    So far I have had good luck using Energizer Rechargeables and when those get drained, I recharge the batteries and while their charging I pop in the Lithium's and keep on playing.

  3. #703
    Wii 4 teh Wiin George's Avatar
    Member #
    1936
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    over there
    Posts
    531
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtov
    If you are not using a decent rechargeable battery, I would recommend using Energizer Lithium batteries. If you are using just standard AA batteries especially a no-name brand, you will experience shorter play time.

    So far I have had good luck using Energizer Rechargeables and when those get drained, I recharge the batteries and while their charging I pop in the Lithium's and keep on playing.
    I see what your saying but surely Energizer Ultra would suffice? No, they just where out after a day.

  4. #704
    WiiChat Member Dtov's Avatar
    Member #
    46317
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    I see what your saying but surely Energizer Ultra would suffice? No, they just where out after a day.
    I would advise trying the Lithiums, if those drain in one day then I would say that you have an issue with that one controller. Does this happen with any of your other wii controllers?

  5. #705
    Junior Member shelldrake's Avatar
    Member #
    46550
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by notshort
    I've got a problem with one of my remotes (and only one, oddly enough)...

    I was playing Super Mari Galaxy when Mario stopped being able to perform his spin attack, no matter how much I shook the remote. Puzzled, I put it down to a low battery and put it in the charger for the night. The next day, it still didn't work. I ran a couple tests with Wii Sports and the Mario Olympic game, and it seems that it's lost the ability to detect fast movements (shaking it to swing your sword in Zelda, swinging it in Tennis or Bowling, etc). The pointer still works fine though.

    Something else odd is that in the main menu for the Olympic game (and only there), my pointer icon appears upside down. Maybe it's a problem with the tilt sensor?

    The remote's been in use for about two weeks. Admittedly I did play through all of Twilight Princess with it in that time, but it shouldn't be burned out this soon, right?
    Hi
    Did you get a reply for this. I have a very similar problem. Our Wii is about 2 weeks old and being performing great. This morning I was trying to play Wii Sports and the controller will not work inside any of the games, i.e. it will not swing a racket, bat or club or bowl. Everything else is fine, the pointer will allow you to select games and channels etc. Also in Big Brain Academy the pointer is upside down!!!

    Any ideas?

    W.

  6. #706
    WiiChat Member Dtov's Avatar
    Member #
    46317
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by shelldrake
    Hi
    Did you get a reply for this. I have a very similar problem. Our Wii is about 2 weeks old and being performing great. This morning I was trying to play Wii Sports and the controller will not work inside any of the games, i.e. it will not swing a racket, bat or club or bowl. Everything else is fine, the pointer will allow you to select games and channels etc. Also in Big Brain Academy the pointer is upside down!!!

    Any ideas?

    W.
    One of the first things I would do is to make sure that my wii sensor bar is set and positioned correctly. The second thing I would do is go into the wii settings and adjust the wii remote sensitivity level to a higher setting. I would advise to try doing these two things and see if that corrects your problem.

  7. #707
    WiiChat Member Twiik's Avatar
    Member #
    43960
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm having an issue I am a little concerned about. My Wii started making a fair amount of noise sometimes when the disc was spinning and it was oriented vertically.

    I have since set it down horizontally and the noise has stopped, but that leaves less surface area exposed and inhibits cooling. I've read the threads about overheated GPU's and don't want to have to deal with that. I even turned off WiiConnect24 because I noticed that made the unit stay hot too.

    I guess my question is what do you think about the Wii cooling station? I looked at one online and it seems to attach the the back of the console so I don't think there would be any problem using it with the system oriented horizontally.

    Any thoughts?

  8. #708
    WiiChat Member Dtov's Avatar
    Member #
    46317
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiik
    I'm having an issue I am a little concerned about. My Wii started making a fair amount of noise sometimes when the disc was spinning and it was oriented vertically.

    I have since set it down horizontally and the noise has stopped, but that leaves less surface area exposed and inhibits cooling. I've read the threads about overheated GPU's and don't want to have to deal with that. I even turned off WiiConnect24 because I noticed that made the unit stay hot too.

    I guess my question is what do you think about the Wii cooling station? I looked at one online and it seems to attach the the back of the console so I don't think there would be any problem using it with the system oriented horizontally.

    Any thoughts?
    Since replacing my wii console in Jan of 07 because of an overheated GPU, I have used a cooling fan and have not had any over heating problems since. I also have always set my console in the vertical position. If I were you I would set it back in the vertical position and see if it repeats the noise you experienced. If it does, I would contact Nintendo and see if it warrants sending it in for repair or replacment. I feel that these things are to expensive to just sit and hope all is well. Good Luck.

    P.S. My wii console also makes the typical drive loading noise when playing wii game disk.
    Last edited by Dtov; 01-12-2008 at 11:35 AM.

  9. #709
    Wii 4 teh Wiin George's Avatar
    Member #
    1936
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    over there
    Posts
    531
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtov
    I would advise trying the Lithiums, if those drain in one day then I would say that you have an issue with that one controller. Does this happen with any of your other wii controllers?
    No i bought a new one and it works fine, just a problem with the old one.

  10. #710
    Junior Member Gregg89's Avatar
    Member #
    46715
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    HELP!!! it used to work on AV2(Video)....

    Last night I wanted to play Guitar Hero III again, so I turned my TV to "AV2(Video)" and turned on my Wii. The Wii powered up sp I waited for my TV to show the Wii menu. I got nothing. So I checked and re-checked all the wires and made sure everything was hooked up correctly. Still nothing. So I took the Wii and all the cords to a different room with on old 20inch Sony "tube" TV. I hooked it up and the Wii came right up with no problems at all.

    So I went back to my 50" Visio Plasma and hooked it back up, made sure all of the connections were in the right place. This time I hooked it up to AV1(Video) port. I even got my handy flashlight out and made sure I got the yellow in the yellow port, the white in the white port and the red in the red port. I made sure they were nice and tight.

    So then I turned on the TV, made sure it was on AV1(Video) and then turned on my Wii. The Wii acts like it's doing something, but the TV just says, "No Signal".

    This Will has worked on this plasma for about 8-9 months and I've never had a problem until now. Can anyone help?

    Thanks!
    Gregg
    Winchester, VA

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Microsoft: Next gen will be about software and services, not hardware
    By castlezelda in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 01:45 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 05:58 PM
  3. Strange Hardware problem on my 2nd Wii
    By kenn in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 06:25 PM
  4. Wii having production issues?
    By i0n in forum Wii News
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 08:56 PM
  5. Nintendo Confirms That Wii Hardware Was In GC Cases At E3
    By i0n in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 04:46 PM

Search tags for this page

faulty wii
,
faulty wii remote
,
is my wii wifi faulty
,
problems with wii hardware
,
problems with wii stopping
,

why do my wii remotes keep unsyncing

,
wii controllers keep unsyncing
,
wii hardware problems
,
wii remote unsyncs from wii
,
wii remotes keep on unsyncing
,

wii remotes keep unsyncing

,
wiii message remote has lost connection
Click on a term to search for related topics.