LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ive only had a few quirky things happen with my Wii. Wii remotes not turning on and staying on, freezing at random times during a game just to name a few. But other than that i havent had a problem in over 6 months probably, and i got my Wii way back in '06 for christmas.

I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.

Member #
    Friends
    4122-6254-3858-4577
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    Wiimotes not working.

1. It is NOT the batteries
    2. I keep syncing then they unsync by itself
    3. can only sync 1 at a time
    4. after it turns off button clicking just results in flash
    5. whenever i click them they flash
    6. both stopped working at the same time
    7. not lights or sensor bar (sense it was working before fine)
    Try banging it against a hard surface mutiple times, it works trust me

Member #
    Friends
    My wii starts up and after the first screen where you push A and you turn on the controller the screen justs turns black. Does anybody know why this might be happening?

Member #
    Friends

Wii Overheating?

I was wondering if anyone out there could possibly answer my question. I bought a Wii like four days ago, and I was playing Brawl, I paused it, accidentally left it like that for like two or three hours, and now it doesn't work. When I turn it on, it just has a black screen, and won't do anything. It seems to be getting a signal because, when I turn it on, the "No Signal" sign goes away, so I just figured it has overheated.

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    My suggestions are:
    1. try unplugging, wait 5 min. plug back in
    2. turn off manually. wait, turn back on
    3. make sure the wii is in a open space

"Theres is nothing impossible, just men incapable." (N/A)

Brawl FC: 2921-8755-4852, If you add me pm me.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    FOR THE LAST TWO POSTERS:
    you have some weird issues... this may not solve your problems, but i would try it
    • there is a weird, but rare condition that a couple members have discovered
      • unplug your wii for 5 hours / overnight (i hope this helps you)
      • click here for details
    • if you are really desperate pull the battery out also
      • it will reset your clock and calendar to 2999 (and maybe reset other configs)
      • be sure to reset your wii confg if this fixes it
      • i included a pic to find the Wii Console Button Battery
      • you will need a small screwdriver to remove the battery
    good luck, i hope this is helpful !
    it may be a little more complicated if you are using component video cables...
    Quote Originally Posted by idok
    Yes i did have this what you have to do is leave it about 5 hours or so because this might be because the fan is to hot or maybe you dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by rftravers
    left it unplugged last night and just tried it again this morning and now it works....go figure???!!?!!?

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah thanks. It has been unplugged for two days now, and I tried the battery thing also, with no success. The Wii remote wont even work, it will just flash all of the blue lights, and then they will go off. The Wii will come on,the blue light comes on, and it acts like it works, but when I try to turn it off it, I have to hold down the power button for 5 seconds or so. So idk what I should do.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    that 5sec thing is normal... i'm sorry it sounds broken, Macdaddie

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    I have had too many problems with my wii. The first time i got my wii it wouldn't read any discs. I kept getting disc read errors. So i called nintendo customer support and they sent me a new one. Next time i get my Wii back it is probably louder than an xbox and is making a loud whistling noise. I call nintendo support and they say that is should not be doing that and send me a new one. I get my new wii back and everytime i play a game it makes a loud grinding noise and occasionally will not read my discs. This was right when mario galaxy came out too. (great timing). I call customer support again. I know the number by heart now and probably can call all the people by their names. I get another wii and right out of the box the red led light is on when i plug the power source in, but when i press the button the wii just goes dead and nothing happens. I let the wii sit there for about 15 minutes while i am pissed off, then somehow it starts working. This wii is going strong for a few months and everything is good in the world. Smash comes out and the only character left for me to get is wolf. i have played 430 something matches and only need 450 more to unlock him. Then guess what the same problem with the red led light and the wii goes completely dead. My amazing smash game is in there and it is too late at night to call nintendo. I have to go to bed pissed off and most likely lose all of my saved files once again. If it wasn't for smash i would probably have thrown my wii right out of my window. So tomorrow i will get to wake up and talk to all of my friends over at nintendo support once again. My wii's just have a horrible knack for timing. ONLY 20 MORE MATCHES TO UNLOCK ALL THE CHARACTERS...

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopkid18
    I have had too many problems with my wii. The first time i got my wii it wouldn't read any discs. I kept getting disc read errors. So i called nintendo customer support and they sent me a new one. Next time i get my Wii back it is probably louder than an xbox and is making a loud whistling noise. I call nintendo support and they say that is should not be doing that and send me a new one. I get my new wii back and everytime i play a game it makes a loud grinding noise and occasionally will not read my discs. This was right when mario galaxy came out too. (great timing). I call customer support again. I know the number by heart now and probably can call all the people by their names. I get another wii and right out of the box the red led light is on when i plug the power source in, but when i press the button the wii just goes dead and nothing happens. I let the wii sit there for about 15 minutes while i am pissed off, then somehow it starts working. This wii is going strong for a few months and everything is good in the world. Smash comes out and the only character left for me to get is wolf. i have played 430 something matches and only need 450 more to unlock him. Then guess what the same problem with the red led light and the wii goes completely dead. My amazing smash game is in there and it is too late at night to call nintendo. I have to go to bed pissed off and most likely lose all of my saved files once again. If it wasn't for smash i would probably have thrown my wii right out of my window. So tomorrow i will get to wake up and talk to all of my friends over at nintendo support once again. My wii's just have a horrible knack for timing. ONLY 20 MORE MATCHES TO UNLOCK ALL THE CHARACTERS...
    U have the wort timing ever... sorry to read that!

good luck tomorrow, maybe it will work just fine tomorrow, who knows...

"Theres is nothing impossible, just men incapable." (N/A)

Brawl FC: 2921-8755-4852, If you add me pm me.

Ads