Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralfy
    Can anyone confirm the normal behaviour of the blue slot light on the Wii? My light only comes on for a split second when it is turned on. The only other time it comes on is when I receive a message. I thought the light was supposed to stay on all the time, except when playing a game. I intend to call the Nintendo helpline, but wanted to check with everyone here first.
    that's called Marketing, they (surely) Photoshop the Wii picture putting a blue light around the slot, and they doesn't say it's always on even when you play. so on the picture in the ads, they display the blue light so peoples think it'll always be on even when you play a game.

the light goes on when you receive a message (Wiimail), like some kind of "you've got mail!" thing.

Member #
    Friends
    The light comes on and stays on when a message is received, so aside from marketing, it does in fact steadily glow blue.

As for issues with the Wii, today the Wii froze while playing WiiSports... and it forced me to do a cold boot. Reset wouldn't work, and I couldn't go 'home' or use any remote keys. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this happened one other time a week or so ago, but it was only for a split second that the system froze, and the problem 'resolved' itself.
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

Member #
    Friends
    as for erratic pointer movement and sometimes disappearing pointer from screen, try moving further or closer to the sensor bar/tv. i've had similar trouble and moving further back has worked for me.

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by wiino
    as for erratic pointer movement and sometimes disappearing pointer from screen, try moving further or closer to the sensor bar/tv. i've had similar trouble and moving further back has worked for me.
    if the Wiimote is too close from the bar, the pointer disappear

ok, my Wii doesn't make me any problem right now, maybe the problems i had are something that happen in the first times you have it...

Member #
    Friends
    1916-0339-1380-6755
    i dont know about you guys because i dont have any problems with my wii and neither does any one that bought them from my EB/Gamestop
    but maybe there is just one problem, (although i wouldnt call it that but its kind of annoying) the pointer is jacked up on all of my games including the channels.
    get world of warcraft and come on Magtheridon server
    look for Elliorix

Member #
    Friends

Graphic artifacts

I have what appear to be graphic artificacts that are intermittent in nature. They always appear in roughly the same spots on the screen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Member #
    Friends

gamecube loading problem

Hi,
    I need some help here. I recently got Super Smash Bros Melee, and.. I can't play it.
    I'm getting this when I try to load up the game...

"An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo Gamecube Instruction Booklet for further instructions." or something like that..

Anyone know how to fix this..? Someone said my Wii might be damaged..

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyvixen
    Anyone know how to fix this..? Someone said my Wii might be damaged..
    you can still return the Wii to the store i believe, tell them that SSBM doesn't work on it, i'm sure they will get you another one, or you can always ask to test it here to see if SSBM will work on this new Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm going to repeat my post because it seems people are overlooking it (my controllers have unsynched themselves twice now but it's a nothing issue to resync):

1. Face the remote so that it is within range of the sensor bar (essential it seems - ensure it can be detected by the sensor bar)
    2. Press the sync button on the controller. The lights will flash.
    3. While the lights are flashing and the remote is pointing at the sensor bar, press the sync button on the console.

No dramas. It seems that when you press sync on the controller it awaits a signal from the console, so you have about a 10 second time window. The important bit is (it seems) to FACE IT AT THE SENSOR BAR as per normal gaming conditions.

My controllers will not sync if they are not facing the sensor bar at the time of synching. You do NOT need to hold the sync buttons down on the both the remote and the console at the same time.
    I seriously think though this is just a firmware issue that will be solved soon enough. In the meantime, some of us are just going to have to persevere with the issue (which is little more than an annoyance, as it's not stopping me from using the system or playing games).
    Batteries only lasting 15 hours, let alone 3? I've probably had around 20 hours of play time with both my remotes and they've not even moved off the 'battery full' meter when you press the home button (the battery levels are shown down the bottom). I've found that the be one of the more impressive aspects of the system, as 60 hours of use out of 2 AAs is exceptional in my opinion.

Member #
    Friends
    2583-8468-6951-5861
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWiggman
    My controllers will not sync if they are not facing the sensor bar at the time of synching.
    strange, because the "sync" is made with the bluetooth connection, normally you don't even have to put the wiimote to face the sensor bar.

i know i've done it countless times, only to "connect" my wiimote to the system and it was at 30cm beside the Wii, not even in front of the sensor bar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Ads