LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Yup

I have seen this when playing gold too.. My soon beats me because of this, I swing and it's delayed causing it to hit too hard or not hard enough. I changed batteries too but nothing. But now my issue is bigger, my power supply isn't working and it's out of warranty!!!! What to do???

Member #
    Friends
    Wii won't power on.

I haven't used my Wii for a couple weeks. Went to play it yesturday and it won't power on. The red light just stays on. Nothing at all happens when I push the power button.

I tried unplugging it overnight and leaving it off, but still didn't work.

Someone help please!! Thanks!

Member #
    Friends
    My Wiimote does not work correctly it has a cursor and everything but when i play Mariokart i cant steer and when i play baseball on wiisports the bat will swing by itself and with tennis it doesnt swing at all. Basically its not detecting any roll or pitch.

What should i do to fix this problem?

Member #
    Friends
    1713-2996-4631-2345
    Right after we moved into a new house, I attempted to turn my Wii on for my kids. I couldn't get anything...no power to the box. After checking to make sure it wasn't my surge protector or the individual plug, I put in a request for service from Nintendo.

I sent off my console and power cord via UPS and within two weeks received my equipment back, repaired! I was able to check the status of my repair online anytime, and the speed of the repair really impressed me. I'm not sure what everyone else's experiences are with Nintendo customer service, but they made it easy for me to register my Wii's warranty and act on it when I needed to.

Two thumbs up to Nintendo customer service!
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence, then success is assured" - Mark Twain

Member #
    Friends
    [Woohoo new guy]

Anyway. I got a Wii back a long time ago, I don't really remember when. But I do know that about 6 months ago my Wii started making grinding noises, but it was not very significant.

Gradually the noises became louder and louder, now it sounds like a motorboat. That would not bother me at all though. Then disks started to stop reading during loading screens. This all red screen would appear saying: "The disk could not be read" Then when I eject it, it would say: "Please insert the [Game here] Disk" Oddly enough, if I ejected the disk, then re-inserted it, it would work!

So I took the pristine disk and took extreme care of it. Keeping it in the case at all times when not in the wii, making sure that I was careful not to touch the readable side, I wouldn't even set the disk down with the non-readable side down. It was either in the case, or the Wii at all times, and nobody else touched it.

So a month of red screens later, the disk was scratched, but not too badly. Point being that it was scratched from being in the Wii.

Gradually the number of times that I had to re-insert the disk became larger to the point where the disk does not read at all.

A brand new disk worked. Then 10 minutes later the red screens started popping up and within the hour could not be read as well.

I don't know if this matters, but a few weeks into using the Wii, I had a very strange thing happen. I was playing Wii sports when suddenly the screen froze. A very high pitched screeching sound was emitted from the console. Unplugging the Wii from the TV did nothing, the picture was still there. Even when I unplugged the power cord, the green light stayed on, but at least the noise stopped.

.:|Summary|:.

So now here I am. I have a Wii that, when turned off, shows a yellow light always. It begins to rotate the disk, with the motorboat sounds, then stops saying it is unable to read the disk. My disks sometimes come out with a few more scratches than when I had put the disk in. Red screens would pop up saying the disk could not be read if I made it to the game. Although these could be bypasses by ejecting, then re-inserting the disk. It takes 10 reloads of the disk to bypass the red screen and get through the entire loading screen. All scratches are in circular motions, the same curve as the outer edge of the disk. Both fans (there's two, right?) are cleared and are receiving air. I have already tried what other people have said, on other websites, by unplugging all cables and letting it sit for a few days. I'm thinking this needs repair, although the warranty is already expired.

Should I send it back or is there something I can do to fix it?
    Last edited by XIIX; 07-20-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Typo...

Member #
    Friends
    1713-2996-4631-2345
    If it were me, I'd just send it back to have it repaired. If the warranty's expired on it, you still may be able to catch a break with it in terms of cost.

Good luck!
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence, then success is assured" - Mark Twain

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JBagley View Post
    If it were me, I'd just send it back to have it repaired. If the warranty's expired on it, you still may be able to catch a break with it in terms of cost.

Good luck!
    Yes the warranty is expired, but I hope it wont be too costly to repair...

Thanks.

Member #
    Friends
    Hi the same has happened to me. However, I have just tried to use the tv etc. Have you found out how to rectify this? Should I take into Nintendo and look at repairing? I bought Wii @ Christmas time - so still under warranty.

Member #
    Friends
    1713-2996-4631-2345
    If you mean the same power issue that I had, these are the steps I took to get my Wii fixed.

1. Go to and select your region.
    2. Make your way through the troubleshooting/repair guide (Under Wii Troubleshooting and Repairs)
    3. To the right of the page is a section for "Power Problems". Follow that link.
    4. Read all the steps, and if after completion your Wii does not work then find this phrase at the bottom of the page and click to start a repair ticket.

If the power is still continually shutting off regularly, please click here for repair options. For this particular symptom, it is best to include your Wii console's AC Adapter with your system. This will help our technicians ensure they are able to resolve your issue.
    The process was really simple and straightforward for me. I hope this helps...

Member #
    Friends
    Oh great. Just when I was about to play Wii Sports Resort, my Wii isn't working!!!!!!! Here is what happened. First, I got Wii Sports Resort. Then, I put the disc in. It told me to update my system, so I did. After that, the screen just went blank and it stayed like that. So, after a couple minutes, I turned my Wii back on. Then the screen was still blank, and my Wii was making no noise. I checked everything, over and over again, and turned it off and on multiple times, but nothing happened.

Ads