LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule
    How ever if you go into the vault you can save screen shots custom levels and other things.
    Hows that suppose to relate to his question?

Brawl Fc:4639-8631-7855
    Moh:2 Persona:HEaDShoT23

Member #
    Friends
    The other day when my wii stopped working i called the nintendo customer support. I asked them if there was any way to save my memory so i would keep all my smash achievements. He then asked if i have ever thought about investing in a sd card to back up my files. So i guess according to this nintendo customer service rep you can save smash to a sd card. Not sure how true this is though. Unfortunately my wii wouldn't even turn on for me to save my files, so it looks like im gonna play everything over. At least that game is insanely amazing.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    You simply can't do it they made it like this because they didn't want everyone to just go on the internet and download a game save they actually want everyone to play the game. You have to unlock the characters on your friends console as well as your own thats the only way to do it. Just beat subspace emmisary have your friend co-op with you its not that hard and it unlocks all the characters.

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule
    You simply can't do it they made it like this because they didn't want everyone to just go on the internet and download a game save they actually want everyone to play the game.
    This could apply to any game. So why create the feature of backing up game saves to an SD card at all?

Considering the save games are stored internally on the Wii (a device prone to failure and needing repair/replacement), it's a disservice to their customers to lock it to a specific Wii. I know personally I'm not all that inclined to invest time in a game that I could randomly lose all my hours of progress just because my Wii goes on the fritz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Geometry Wars: Galaxies is another game which won't allow its save data to be copied to SD.

How is this sort of thing handled on the 360 and PS3? Can you back up and restore your save data on those systems? For all games?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryten
    Geometry Wars: Galaxies is another game which won't allow its save data to be copied to SD.

How is this sort of thing handled on the 360 and PS3? Can you back up and restore your save data on those systems? For all games?
    I know for the 360 you can just take out the harddrive itself and just swap it to to another console... i used to have a 360 elite that has a 120gig hd. So i believe you can back up and restore all games for the 360 since it does have its own removable harddrive.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    If your wii goes on the fritz and you send it into nintendo they can useually recover your data if not im sorry you'll have to play again to unlock those characters its such a loss.

The Wii is not prone to fail if it fails its because of one of two things poor care or factory defect. Ive had my Wii since day one of release I've never had any problems with it. In fact my Wii was accidentally dropped from at least 4 feet up one time and it still works Nintendo products are built very well for example 10 NDS were taken up Mt. Everest all 10 of them survived.

Can't find the original article I read but here is another one.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/oddities/ds...ate-107779.php

Please PM me before adding me!

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAHRS! Tbartley98's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7254-6884-6326-1645

Trust me...

same deal with me. i can't do it either.
    My Wi-Fi Codes:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 1849-7876-4843
    Mario Kart Wii: 5071-0110-3065
    Wii Console: 7254-6884-6326-1645

Add me i'm pretty good!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    WOAH NECROBUMP! Answer to your problem is here; not a good answer either.

Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule View Post
    You simply can't do it they made it like this because they didn't want everyone to just go on the internet and download a game save they actually want everyone to play the game. You have to unlock the characters on your friends console as well as your own thats the only way to do it. Just beat subspace emmisary have your friend co-op with you its not that hard and it unlocks all the characters.
    I'm quite confident homebrew's had a way to upload hacked save files like mentioned in that quote if you're into that thing, but... eh. SSE doesn't take all-that long regardless, and it is fun.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads