LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Saving SSBB games to SDcard

At home, I have few unlock characters on my console. However, when I bring my SSBB CD to my friend's house to play on his console, there were no unlock characters.

My question is how do you save your unlock characters to an SD card so you can upload them to another WII console?

Member #
    Friends
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    Copy your save file from your Wii to the SD card, then bring the SD card, put it into his Wii, copy the save file from SD card to his Wii. This can all be done in Data Management in the Wii options.
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Hmm I thought I had read somewhere that SSBB save data couldn't be copied to an SD card. Would be nice if that's not the case. Big negative ding against Guitar Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks, I thought that would be the way, but i forgot to add something. When i try to save my SSBB file to my SD card from the Data Management screen, it says can't copy... I guess there could be a "read only" switch on my SD card, i'll have to double check on it.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogz
    When i try to save my SSBB file to my SD card from the Data Management screen, it says can't copy... I guess there could be a "read only" switch on my SD card, i'll have to double check on it.
    Sounds like my memory is correct then.

@ Nintendo
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    not looking good coz someone did post about this: http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/su...sbb-to-sd.html and I myself can't find anything wrong with my SD card...

Can anyone confirm if they can save it from the Data Management screen on their WII?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Better hope you never have to send in your Wii to be repaired.

Member #
    Friends
    Its not my Wii nor my SD card cause I can copy other files fine just not SSBB. Therfore, it has to be the game itself that does not allow you to write to other SD cards.

Guess I'm going to have to bring my console with me too if i'm going to play at my friend's house -_-

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    READ THE MANUAL it says specifically in it that you can't copy your save to an sd card. How ever if you go into the vault you can save screen shots custom levels and other things.

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    It's total bullshit. Nintendo made the Wii. Nintendo descided to store savegames internally. Nintendo realized the problem and made it so you could back up your save games to an SD card (in case your Wii had to be repaired or replaced). Then Nintendo made SSBB and randomly decides to prevent you from using this feature which they designed? What the hell?

Same thing goes for Guitar Hero. Bastards.

Ads