Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by hencam[uk]
    I'm not sure I'd trust a 3rd party docking charger - and don't they stop fitting when a wii jacket is on?
    Yeah you'd have to poke a hole in the jacket or something. And that charger that idjut pimps in every thread has horrible battery life compared to what you can get from standard rechargeable AAs. A single one of your AAs has more power than her entire battery pack.

Plus there's no mention of NiMH/NiCad, which means for that price and capacity it's most-likely NiCad, which means it'll stop holding much of a charge after not too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    you'll never catch on, sremick... you're so absorbed in specs to dollars... i'm posting about convenience to dollars. i'm sure you'll post "removing the jacket and loose batteries is not inconvenient" and that's what i mean by you'll never catch on...

doesn't matter what your play time is on a 50,000mAh battery... if it's dead out of laziness or forgetfulness to charge, it's a dead battery. my solution just makes it simple for younger children compared to your responsible and i-do-the-nitty-gritty-detail mentality.
    Last edited by gidget; 03-20-2008 at 07:31 AM.

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Never catch on? I'm well-aware that you value an artificial perceived "convenience" above actual cost (long-term cost), performance, quality, etc.

My rechargeable AAs are very convenient and they last much longer between recharges and I won't have to replace them in a year because they won't charge anymore. If you have to keep rebuying that made-in-China $30 battery pack every year, you're hardly saving time or money. Tell us: how many years have you been testing this pack to vouch for its long-term quality and value?

I'm using the same charger and AA NiMH batteries I've had for several years now. Still going strong.

I can also use them in any of my dozens of other devices that take AA batteries. I didn't blow all that money just for Wii-only batteries. Your suggested device sacrifices a lot for the sake of just plugging in a cable to charge. Considering I only need to swap out my batteries every few weeks to recharge them, I hardly feel troubled by the task.

I also don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from that fly-by-night website you suggest buying them from, which can't even keep itself running (once again, it's down as I write this).

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'server352.mysite4now.com' (10055) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\image4all\ctgr2\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10055) in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\image4all\ctgr2\includes\functions\database.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\image4all\ctgr2\includes\functions\database.php on line 21
    Unable to connect to database server!
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads