LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

SD Memory card problem...

I recently purchased a 2G SD memory card and copied most of my game memory onto it, then deleted the memory from the wii hardware. Now, it says that i have no data, even with the SD card in. Am i doing something wrong by not loading it from the card, or does the card not let u hold games??

Disturbed kicked ass!!!!! disturbed's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    When you put a sd card into the wii you have to transfer the memory on the sd card to the wii. To do this go to settings memory, wii system memory, than click on sd card at the top and copy all of the games onto the wii like you did to get them on the sd card

"We are the ones that will open your mind, leave the weak and the haunted behind."

Disturbed Concert=F^cking Awesomness

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The SD card is only used as a backup. Games do not read/write to the SD card directly.

You have to use the data management feature to shuffle data back and forth. Yes, it's a pain. Yes, Nintendo is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    4796-1855-9743-5790
    nintendo is nottttt, have some respect will ya, everyone loves nintendo,

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    In regards to how the Wii utilizes the SD card, yes, Nintendo is stupid.

You should plug in the SD card and it should merge seamlessly with the existing 512MB of memory, transparently allowing it to be utilized directly by games. The current cumbersome "backup" method is boneheaded and next to useless, especially as they push more and more VC games, WiiWare, channels, and people get more and more save games.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    So can i save VC games to my SD card then take them to a friends house and upload them to his wii?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaker067
    So can i save VC games to my SD card then take them to a friends house and upload them to his wii?
    No. It won't work. VC games are locked to the Wii # of the Wii that downloaded/purchased them.

And if you reformat your Wii, you get a new Wii #, breaking all your VC games.

Ads