LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    <Brawl Insanitarium> Belarr's Avatar
    Member #
    48181
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    107
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    No, you can't. If you did that, you would get two TVs with the same screen. He wants two tvs with different screens.
    You can if you use the Monitor Spanning feature to span your desktop across both.
    My SSBB Friend Code!
    3050-7238-1135

  2. #12
    Homework! Bigred's Avatar
    Member #
    35349
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    297
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Belarr
    You can if you use the Monitor Spanning feature to span your desktop across both.
    No you can't!!!
    1. The wii is not a computer
    2. The wii does not have the necessary drivers
    3. The wii does not have the processing power. It can barely do one screen... let alone 2...??

    I see what your saying and in theory it should work, however, you don't have the technical knowledge to see the faults.

    In order to do what he wants, the wii would have to simultaneously compute the screens and send them to the T.V. It is not impossible, and can be done IF THE SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED TO. However, it is not. Trust me on this, you can't do it...
    Last edited by Bigred; 03-30-2008 at 06:31 PM.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."





  3. #13
    SSBB owner fertogo's Avatar
    Member #
    53728
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    270
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    No you can't!!!
    1. The wii is not a computer
    2. The wii does not have the necessary drivers
    3. The wii does not have the processing power. It can barely do one screen... let alone 2...??

    I see what your saying and in theory it should work, however, you don't have the technical knowledge to see the faults.

    In order to do what he wants, the wii would have to simultaneously compute the screens and send them to the T.V. It is not impossible, and can be done IF THE SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED TO. However, it is not. Trust me on this, you can't do it...
    you can if u get 2 wiis and 2 tvs and play online against each ohter
    if u dont have dat then u cant
    Check out my youtube videos. Click Here

    Currently playing: SSBB



    ^^ I did not Completly do this sig, I just added some stuff


  4. #14
    Homework! Bigred's Avatar
    Member #
    35349
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    297
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by fertogo
    you can if u get 2 wiis and 2 tvs and play online against each ohter
    if u dont have dat then u cant

    Exactly, 1 wii can not do it. You need two, as I said before...
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."





  5. #15
    SSBB owner fertogo's Avatar
    Member #
    53728
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    270
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    yep^^^
    Check out my youtube videos. Click Here

    Currently playing: SSBB



    ^^ I did not Completly do this sig, I just added some stuff


  6. #16
    <Brawl Insanitarium> Belarr's Avatar
    Member #
    48181
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    107
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    No you can't!!!
    1. The wii is not a computer
    2. The wii does not have the necessary drivers
    3. The wii does not have the processing power. It can barely do one screen... let alone 2...??

    I see what your saying and in theory it should work, however, you don't have the technical knowledge to see the faults.

    In order to do what he wants, the wii would have to simultaneously compute the screens and send them to the T.V. It is not impossible, and can be done IF THE SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED TO. However, it is not. Trust me on this, you can't do it...
    And you don't understand my diagram:

    Wii AV input into Capture Card IN a standalone COMPUTER/LAPTOP then use that to span it to 2 monitors while splitting it in half.
    My SSBB Friend Code!
    3050-7238-1135

  7. #17
    SSBB owner fertogo's Avatar
    Member #
    53728
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    270
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    dout that will work too complicated just play the normal way lol
    Check out my youtube videos. Click Here

    Currently playing: SSBB



    ^^ I did not Completly do this sig, I just added some stuff


  8. #18
    Homework! Bigred's Avatar
    Member #
    35349
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    297
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Belarr
    And you don't understand my diagram:

    Wii AV input into Capture Card IN a standalone COMPUTER/LAPTOP then use that to span it to 2 monitors while splitting it in half.
    It will not work, end of discussion. If you want to get into a very technical argument and then lose in disgrace, I'd be happy to accomodate you.
    Last edited by Bigred; 03-30-2008 at 09:35 PM.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."





  9. #19
    WiiChat Member Dialtone75's Avatar
    Member #
    13183
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    56
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    YEsssss you cannnnNN!!!!!!!!
    We do it all the time with video devices at our organization using ONE composite output for presentations. Now I will agree that it will not chop the split screen of a game exactly. You basically do some manual resizing. Just because you have never done it does not mean it cannot be done.

  10. #20
    WiiChat Member rockkybox's Avatar
    Member #
    1867
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    63
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    It will not work, end of discussion. If you want to get into a very technical argument and then lose in disgrace, I'd be happy to accomodate you.
    Sorry but you're wrong mate, there is no reason at all a computer couldn't cut a video input into two and send these seperatley to two screens, the wii is not doing any extra work, and I don't think it would even need a very poweful graphics card to do so; of course when playing spilt screen the graphical quailty is reduced, so it wouldn't look the same as playing LAN with two wiis on two tvs, and setting up this system would be much more costly than buying a tv double the size, so doing this, while perfectly feesable, would be completley pointless

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

connect wii to two tv cable
,
cord connecting nintendo wii to two screens
,
half on one tv screen two screens
,
how do i play a multiplayer wii game on seperate monitors
,
how do you play multiplayer with two tvs wii
,
how do you play wii with seperate monitors instead of splitscreen
,
split split screen two televisions wii
,
split tvs sreens
,

split wii cable

,

want to play 2 player mario kart on wii on separate tv

,

wii 2 player mario kart with 2 monitors

,

wii 2 screen play on tv

Click on a term to search for related topics.