LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Remote thinks its shaking.

I am having a problem that is interfering with my ability to play many wii games. My Wii seems to detect that I am shaking the wii remote at all times.

Cursors iare fine. The cursor in games and on the wii menu is just as steady as my hand. However, when I play games such as Mario Super Sluggers (where one must swing the wii remote to bat) and I am batting, the character will constantly keep swinging the bat as if I was trying to swing. I don't move the wii remote at all. Also, in DK Barrel Blast, one needs to shake the wii remote and nunchuk to accelerate. Even if I set the wii remote down, the character will accelerate, but only as if I were shaking the wii remote and not the nunchuk.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Sounds like a faulty accelerometer. It could possibly just be stuck, or it could be completely broken.

The only fix you could try yourself is to give the remote a whack to try to unstick it.

Quick tip: Cursor (hand) or character movement not responding properly?
    Hold the Wii Remote with the button side down. Without using much force, firmly tap the button side of the remote against the palm of your other hand a few times. Doing this does not take a lot of force, so be sure not to tap the Wii Remote very hard. Check for proper response. If the problem is not solved, please follow the rest of the instructions on this page.
    From here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys.../wiiremote.jsp

If that doesn't fix it, then you can contact Nintendo, and maybe it might be in warranty still and they will repair/replace it for you if you send it to them, or you'll just have to buy another. I don't think it would be worthwhile to pay Nintendo to repair it if it is out of warranty considering the price of a new one.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, whacking it didn't work so I'll probably just buy a new one. Thanks for the help, though. Appreciate it.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm having the same problem, on two different Wii systems and four different remotes. In my case, it only happens if my remote is more than about 5' from the sensor bar. If within 5' or so, it's super steady... otherwise it's doing the shaking thing too.

I've re-checked and re-placed the sensor bar several times, but it isn't helping. It's really annoying because I can't sit on my couch or anything and use the remote for, say, typing on the on-screen keyboard.

Rob

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I'm having the same problem, on two different Wii systems and four different remotes. In my case, it only happens if my remote is more than about 5' from the sensor bar. If within 5' or so, it's super steady... otherwise it's doing the shaking thing too.

I've re-checked and re-placed the sensor bar several times, but it isn't helping. It's really annoying because I can't sit on my couch or anything and use the remote for, say, typing on the on-screen keyboard.
    Have you tried adjusting the sensor sensitivity? It's on one of the configuration menus.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, played with it several times, hasn't helped. I've also read about external light sources causing problems. I've made sure blinds are closed and no other light sources are directed at the sensorbar. The only thing I haven't tried, come to think of it, is turn off the ceiling lights (flourescent). Thing is, the other Wii I've used has been used without any lights on, and has the same problem. Weird.

Oh well I'll keep at it...

Rob

Ads