LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I know forsure that the Wii plays .mov [quicktime] files since our Nikon 7900 videos play on it =)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo View Post
    i recommend getting a sandisk Ultra II, which is a high speed memory card. reads and writes 15x faster. get a 2 or 4GB

i use a 2gb high speed for brawl to save pics and videos faster and also so i dont have to wait forever while transfering Wii channels and now that you can play games off the SD card, they load faster on high speed
    Thanks for the info, but I thought that SDHC cards were not compatible with the Wii?

Oops, duhh - pays to Google first, lol. I guess it does. This is straight off the Nintendo site...

"SD and SDHC Cards are used for data storage in many digital cameras, cell phones, and PCs. The Wii console accepts SD Cards. NEW! Get Wii Menu 4.0 and get the ability to use SDHC (SD High Capacity) Cards with your Wii console with a maximum capacity of 32 GB! MiniSD and microSD Cards can be used with the Wii when they use their respective adapters."

Thanks, lloyd_yayo
    Last edited by desktop; 03-29-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    So is this the card you meant here?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Any SD or SDHC card will do. It is best to stick with the better brands such as Sandisk, Kingston. I have a few different cards myself (2GB Kingston microSD, 2 x 4GB Kingston SDHC, 2GB CoreMicro SD which is a cheaper brand but essentially the same as Sandisk), and they all work just fine. You will pay a premium on the higher speed rated cards as well. I would not bother looking at the Wii branded cards as they are exactly the same as the regular cards, only pricier for no reason other than being branded (the branding does indicate officially tested and approved for use on Wii, but it's still just the same card as the non-branded). Keep an eye out on local store sales. I picked up my 2 4GB Kingston SDHC's for 20 bucks during a sale.
    Last edited by bradleyd; 03-29-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Thanks, bradleyd. But that card I linked to in my previous post, I wanted to know is that the right kind of card? I can't tell by the photo Amazon is using if it's too small or just the right size.

Perhaps this one, although I can't tell the difference other than the price.
    Last edited by desktop; 03-29-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by desktop View Post
    Thanks, bradleyd. But that card I linked to in my previous post, I wanted to know is that the right kind of card? I can't tell by the photo Amazon is using if it's too small or just the right size.
    I tried to go to the link, but it's not available (404 error), so couldn't answer you directly on that. As long as it is SD it should be fine. If it is a miniSD or a microSD, they usually come with the adapter to fit regular SD slots.

The one you just linked
    Perhaps this one
    is the right kind of card yes.
    Last edited by bradleyd; 03-29-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    *edit: site glitch, sorry for doublepost...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ok, thanks. I'm going to see if I can find one locally tomorrow. Staples wants $30-50 for theirs. Ridiculous.

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by desktop View Post
    Thanks for the info, but I thought that SDHC cards were not compatible with the Wii?

Oops, duhh - pays to Google first, lol. I guess it does. This is straight off the Nintendo site...

"SD and SDHC Cards are used for data storage in many digital cameras, cell phones, and PCs. The Wii console accepts SD Cards. NEW! Get Wii Menu 4.0 and get the ability to use SDHC (SD High Capacity) Cards with your Wii console with a maximum capacity of 32 GB! MiniSD and microSD Cards can be used with the Wii when they use their respective adapters."

Thanks, lloyd_yayo
    no problem

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyd View Post
    Any SD or SDHC card will do. It is best to stick with the better brands such as Sandisk, Kingston. I have a few different cards myself (2GB Kingston microSD, 2 x 4GB Kingston SDHC, 2GB CoreMicro SD which is a cheaper brand but essentially the same as Sandisk), and they all work just fine. You will pay a premium on the higher speed rated cards as well. I would not bother looking at the Wii branded cards as they are exactly the same as the regular cards, only pricier for no reason other than being branded (the branding does indicate officially tested and approved for use on Wii, but it's still just the same card as the non-branded). Keep an eye out on local store sales. I picked up my 2 4GB Kingston SDHC's for 20 bucks during a sale.
    I second this. ANY SD card will work with Wii.

Basically if the card doesn't look like your memory stick, then most likely it's an SD card. Also Gamecube games can't save to SD(yeah I know, it's super stupid).
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Ads