LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I have a great interest in computers (and technology as a whole, I guess) so I know a bit about how the inner mechanics work. Unfortunately, I'm not great so I'd rather not open it and void the warranty (the warranty of even being able to send it in for repair, not the warranty like free repair).

I have a friend who is amazing with this kind of stuff. He could probably fix it, but I'd rather not take the risk and void the warranty because that would mean I would have to buy a new Wii.

My Wii is standing up, though I have tried placing it horizontal, but there was no difference.

I didn't know Gamestop fixed things like this...I'd take it to them if they did. Or some place like Best Buy and their Geek Squad . If you think they're unreliable though, then I'll just pay the money and send it in to Nintendo.

Thanks for the help!

2. Ads

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    best buy is probably a better choice in terms of who would know more about how to fix them. After all, Best Buy has a trained personnel who is meant to deal only with this stuff, so I would assume they would be your best et. Though I dont know the cost of it at Best Buy.

If they are unable to fix it, you should send it into Nintendo. It may be costly, but you can be sure they will get the job done right. It follows the "quality over quantity" concept. You can either pay a cheaper cost for a halfassed job that will make your Wii work for awhile only to need to get repaired again in a couple of months, or, you can pay full price and ensure it gets fixed entirely.

Like I said, your choice.

Glad I could be of assisstance!

Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    i had the same problem too with a little searching the web i found how to fix it i had to take it a part and reposition the eye took less than half a hour no error code for 4 months now

Nativesclp

Member #
    Friends
    Cool. I'm glad you got it fixed. I would've done the same thing (or gotten my friend to do it), but I didn't want to open it only to NOT be able to fix it and have a useless Wii. I sent mine into Nintendo a week and a half ago and received it a few days ago. Works fine now.

Member #
    Friends
    can u use dvd-r lens cleaner instead of the 'special' lens cleaner nintendo has made ??

how much did it cost 2 get it repared??
    Last edited by singhssp7; 04-23-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: missed sum info

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Do NOT use the DVD cleaner. It will f**k your s**t up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    6648-2149-2188-9549
    look go to nintendo.com and send it to repair FOR FREE.
    thats what im doin im sending it in tommorrow.
    CoD:WaW is dead to me.
    Getting cod MW reflex soon.
    Brawl, occasionally.

Member #
    Friends
    5292-8413-5491-5395
    turn the disc over ?? you might put it in wrong

Comment if you want how bad that sounds!
    Wii Code 5292-8413-5491-5395

Spoiler Alert!

Best Video Ever \/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

The Master Of Rick Rolling

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by singhssp7 View Post
    can u use dvd-r lens cleaner instead of the 'special' lens cleaner nintendo has made ??

how much did it cost 2 get it repared??
    Probably not, but you could try it if you don't mind potentially messing up your Wii more.

My Wii just started getting disk errors this week. It is actually my second Wii as I sent the first one away to Nintendo last year for repair and although they gave me another years waranty I didn't want to have to send it again. I bought the lens cleaning kit instead and it works fine now.

If the Wii is out of waranty and getting drive errors then it will cost about $75 to get fixed. I'd advise against taking it to a repair shop for a cheaper repair, as buying a new drive costs about $50 alone (making Nintendo's $75 reasonable). If a repair shop charges you less than $75 then chances are you are getting a substandard repair job or an old used replacement drive that could fail again after a few months. Sending it to Nintendo is the best bet.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends

thanks =]

Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Probably not, but you could try it if you don't mind potentially messing up your Wii more.

My Wii just started getting disk errors this week. It is actually my second Wii as I sent the first one away to Nintendo last year for repair and although they gave me another years waranty I didn't want to have to send it again. I bought the lens cleaning kit instead and it works fine now.

If the Wii is out of waranty and getting drive errors then it will cost about $75 to get fixed. I'd advise against taking it to a repair shop for a cheaper repair, as buying a new drive costs about $50 alone (making Nintendo's $75 reasonable). If a repair shop charges you less than $75 then chances are you are getting a substandard repair job or an old used replacement drive that could fail again after a few months. Sending it to Nintendo is the best bet.
    thanks for that, i got a new wii and once again it wasnt readin brawl =[ i knew it wasnt spinning, but it read other games, i had put in a "scotch laser lens cleaner" itsa old make i dont think u guys hav heard of it. I put it in for literally 2 seconds no more, wii made the beep noise when u turn it on, done it once i ejected it and WOOO smash bros works =] i ain tried anyfin else yet but is dere any way 2 "buy" wii warrenty off nintendo ???? wld b gd 2 kno =] thnks

Ads