LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hi I'm having a similar problem. I own a few Gamecube games including Mario Kart DD and Luigi's Mansion and about 7 Wii games that include Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Wii Sports and Super Paper Mario. The problem I am receiving is only with Mario Kart Wii and Mario Party 8 however. I put the disc into the Wii, click on the Disc Channel and the cameo appears and everything seems fine. However, once I click on the start button in the disc channel after the caution screen for the Wii remotes comes up the screen turns black and says, "Disc Cannot Be Read." There are hardly/very very tiny scratches on either discs so that cannot be the problem and I'm guessing it's not my Wii console since other Wii and Gamecube games work fine. I have updated my Wii to the latest version also. Any help is appreciated.

Currently Own:
    Hardware: Nintendo Wii, 4 Wii Remotes, 2 Nunchucks
    Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I have 2 Wiis and I went to Nintendos Online support. I had the same problems
    you have. But mine made noise. Very Loud noise.
    They gave me a Fed Ex shipping label for free to send it in along with my Brawl Disc. My warranty was up but they fixed it free (all they did was clean the lens) and they returned it free of charge with a new disc. No scratches at all on my old one.
    You can buy the lens cleaner at Frys or Best Buy for 10.00. Its really easy to use. I used it on my 2nd Wii. What a difference it makes. Doesn't make sense to me how but it worked. lol The cleaner is different than a regular cleaner.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I know this is reviving a dead thread but I am having the same troubles with my Wii.

What cleaner did you use? I went to BB and got one but its made for a DVD player and was the only one they have. I have not been successfully able to make it work in the Wii so I need something that will work.

At this point I think I'm going to have to send it in to Nintendo........

Member #
    Friends
    5378-2215-4665-9744
    if the game wii ever be wii sports resort, heres a tip. if the theme song dosent go on that means the disk cannot be read.i tried it on my wii with wii sports resort and nothing. and one time my wii froze because, well i dont know why it did that but it froze and started beeping. i creeped my out but then i took out all the cords ( rough time) and then waited for like 27 minuts then it worked and i also did that to my wii like you did to your wii.sometimes the wii doesent work for disk alot of times and that could mean that you will have to buy the game again. i had to rease the data at the settings and then i got wii sports resort. then poof it worked.sorry you might have to do that.

Member #
    Friends
    8949-7249-8907-5207
    Well i herd that if you have a scratch on the middle of the disk it can cause the problem of not loading right or it could be that your wii may not be able to read new disk right.

Hello every one lolz
    Super Smash Bro brawl: 5113-9585-7750
    Mario Kart Wii: 0689-6217-9080
    Wii system code: <---

Join the Nintendo chat

Member #
    Friends
    What should I do only one Mario game is running in my Wii without it none of my games are running and also I bought the Wii 1 week ago

Ads