LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wiimote Miscalibration

Hi there,

I just got a new Wiimote, and after synching it to my Wii, I played Mario Kart. After starting I found that, if I held the remote horizontally, my kart turned wildly to the left. In order go in a straight line I hold it at an angle. I re-booted and re-synched, and problem still occurred. What's more, I noticed that instead of the pointer being where it is normally for most remotes, the pointer was three inches up and to the left.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? (I think it has to be a problem with the Wiimote, as my other remote works fine.)

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    Quote Originally Posted by tomnewton View Post
    Hi there,

I just got a new Wiimote, and after synching it to my Wii, I played Mario Kart. After starting I found that, if I held the remote horizontally, my kart turned wildly to the left. In order go in a straight line I hold it at an angle. I re-booted and re-synched, and problem still occurred. What's more, I noticed that instead of the pointer being where it is normally for most remotes, the pointer was three inches up and to the left.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? (I think it has to be a problem with the Wiimote, as my other remote works fine.)
    instead of resyncing it click the home but then click reconect & simataneously click one & 2. are you any wear infared light,like the sun cuz the deprecates the sensor bar & wiimotes actions

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by prinplup View Post
    instead of resyncing it click the home but then click reconect & simataneously click one & 2. are you any wear infared light,like the sun cuz the deprecates the sensor bar & wiimotes actions
    The sensor bar is only used for the pointer functionality which Mario Kart does not use for steering.

Sounds like it could just be a defective remote. I would call Nintendo customer service or take it back to the store and exchange it.

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    The sensor bar is only used for the pointer functionality which Mario Kart does not use for steering.

Sounds like it could just be a defective remote. I would call Nintendo customer service or take it back to the store and exchange it.
    Or it could be the batteries usually when are messed up that happens but you may be right

Ads