LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Black screen with VC games (remote signal drop out/no audio/have to manual power off)

Ok the thread title is a bit detailed i know, but im trying to get away from the 'usual' problem most people have about black screens where they have audio and can get to the menu and change the screen type with a series of buttons etc etc....

I have been reading sites for days now, and some people i have seen with similar problems, and some the same, but no answers except for that problem above which i believe is not the same.

My Wii is v3.3 (recently downgraded from 4.0, but games have been reinstalled since). TV is a small-ish Teac HDTV LCD and only bought early this year.

SO, my problem is this:

I have Virtual Console games on my Wii, the N64 ones seem to work ok, but the others dont. If i select the channel and click 'start', the wii cd 'humming' sound stops, the screen is black and the remote disconnects every time and wont reconnect. I cant power wii off with the remote, and must manually do it. So just to clarify again, i cant access any menus or do ANYTHING at all once i click that start button on the channel.

Ok, so i have a component cable, which i can get to work except the colour is greyscale (yet viewable) and no matter how many time i move/unplug cords, which some people suggested, the colour remains grey. With the component cable, i can select 480p in the wii settings which seems to work for alot of people, but it changed nothing for me, exact same problems when trying to access the games.

So what exactly is the problem, the Wii? TV? It seems similar to the usual problems, but everyone else seems to be able to access the menu when the screen is black.

P.S. Ive also tried turning off my wireless internet router, as this was a solution to someone with a similar problem, but nothing.

Member #
    Friends
    "My Wii is v3.3 (recently downgraded from 4.0, but games have been reinstalled since). TV is a small-ish Teac HDTV LCD and only bought early this year."

Is there a reason your not using the latest Firmware?

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    Quote Originally Posted by =Sixpack= View Post
    "My Wii is v3.3 (recently downgraded from 4.0, but games have been reinstalled since). TV is a small-ish Teac HDTV LCD and only bought early this year."

Is there a reason your not using the latest Firmware?
    Hacking duh =P aka: homebrew this is'nt really a hacking site try here www.wiihacks.com
    Last edited by prinplup; 08-20-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4347-3987-9389-1828
    ok, i had this same problem. i had my wii configured wrong with my tv. i have a 42 inch phillips lcd hd. i had to have the right setting on my tv (480p) as with the wii. i figured this out b/c when i used the regular a/v cables it worked but when i used component cables it didn't. i don't think your router would have anything to do with it. so i called nintendo and figured it out. if this doesn't work i would try contacting nintendo. hope this helps.
    Last edited by ant666; 08-21-2009 at 01:14 AM.
    wii speak #- 4347-3987-9389-1828
    codmwr # - 288636462740
    cod5 #-322289933558
    conduit #-5456-7161-4798
    mario kart #-0259-0688-5681
    excitebots #-2235-4055-6143
    super smash bros # 0301-9707-3136
    i also have tiger woods 10 and madden 09
    let me know if you add me on a game

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by prinplup View Post
    Hacking duh =P aka: homebrew this is'nt really a hacking site try here www.wiihacks.com
    If I may point out, my Homebrew works perfectly and is up to date. I use it for Brawl+.

But the only thing I can say is to update your Wii.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Ads