LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

About to Buy My First Wii

I'm going to buy the Wii Sports Bundle for my family for Christmas, and it will be my first entry into the world of Wii. In fact, it will be my first gaming system since the Atari 2600 in the 1980's. All the games I've played since then have been on my PC.

So, as I buy my first Wii I have a couple questions:

1. The bundle I'm buying comes with 1 remote and 1 nunchuk. What is the difference between these two? What is the remote needed for and what is the nunchuk needed for? I'm sure I'll need to buy extras so multiple people can play, but I don't know if I'll need extra remotes, extra nunchuks, or both.

2. What other accessories will I need to start out? Does it come with the cables needed for a basic connection to the TV? I'd like to be able to hook it up and start playing on Christmas day, so I don't want to be missing any needed accessories.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii romote is your main remote the nunchuk is an add on controller in a way some things will need you to have both the Wii remote and some will require you to have both the Wii remote and nunchukso you are better off buying both a wii remote and nunchuk when you buy extra ones but mainly the wii remote is what you need if you go onto wal-mart.com you can get a wii remote and nunchuk for 50 witch is the cheapest i think you can get them. When you buy it make shore you buy some type of rechargable batterys unless your rich and like buying batterys every few days and finally about hooking up to the tv if you have the av cables ( Red, white and yellow wires) you won't need anything extra to play. Another fun thing to have for your wii is the wii speak accesory you buy sepritly it gives you a code to put in the wii shop channel for you to be able to download the wii speak channel its fun kinda like skypw but without being able to see each otherplus some games this lets you talk to other people at the same time your playing with them online.
    Some people are born lazy......... not I have to work hard at it

Member #
    Friends
    OK, it sounds like I'll need additional remotes and nunchuks. Now the question is, how many? Do most of the sports games allow more than two people to play? If so, can one or two remote/nunchuks be shared by different players in the game (assuming it's a game where players take turns, like Bowling)? Or, does each player need their own set of remote/nunchuks in these types of games.

Member #
    Friends
    5319-3880-1084-7856
    Quote Originally Posted by dnamertz View Post
    OK, it sounds like I'll need additional remotes and nunchuks. Now the question is, how many? Do most of the sports games allow more than two people to play? If so, can one or two remote/nunchuks be shared by different players in the game (assuming it's a game where players take turns, like Bowling)? Or, does each player need their own set of remote/nunchuks in these types of games.
    With some of the Wii sports games, you can share 1 wii mote with bowling baseball and golf, however boxing requires 2 sets. And yes for wii sports everything except boxing is 4 player. Most wii games are 4 player total depending on what it is though.

Glad your interested in a Wii though!

Member #
    Friends
    wii sports only requires wiimotes... so depending on how many people will play, thats how many you need.

boxing is the only one that requires a nunchuck but its only 2 player... so 2 nunchucks would be fine.

dont listen about the batteries. i play my wii a fair amount and a 12 pack of batteries lasts me a 2 months....
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    How many batteries does each remote take, and what type of batteries?

Member #
    Friends
    2 bateries each. AA.
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    Do the remotes come with a strap so you can attach it to your wrist, or do you have to buy that separately?

Member #
    Friends
    3282-6382-8339-0712
    That they do, also, as far as batteries go, I'd invest in some rechargeable AA, they really suck up juice.

Member #
    Friends
    yess, yes they do(:

Ads