LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

"True" Component Video ?

Hi!
    brand new wii user here. Looking to get the most video quality out of the console and noticed that besides that stock composite cable that ships with the unit there is also a possibility for s-video and component video connections. I would love to use component. However -
    I checked the pinout of the MultiAV port and it does have Component Video signals, but does anyone know if this is truely a component video signal directly from the source or is it one of those fake "conversions" that pretend to convert an originally composite signal to component ?!
    Thanks!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by youme&wii View Post
    Hi!
    brand new wii user here. Looking to get the most video quality out of the console and noticed that besides that stock composite cable that ships with the unit there is also a possibility for s-video and component video connections. I would love to use component. However -
    I checked the pinout of the MultiAV port and it does have Component Video signals, but does anyone know if this is truely a component video signal directly from the source or is it one of those fake "conversions" that pretend to convert an originally composite signal to component ?!
    Thanks!
    I have an HDTV and Nintendo's official set of component cables. Whenever I use my Component cables, I get the progressive 480p picture at 60fps, instead of the composite cables 480i at 30fps. If you buy component cables, you will notice a big difference in picture quality compared to the standard composite cable being connected.

Ads