Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamr View Post
    Silence.... That's what I thought.
    Nintendo most certainly do not test and inspect every single console that comes in for repair around the globe, to do so would cost them too much money at the end of the day. Not only that but I have checked and a modded system will be repaired by Nintendo, but not under any warranty you may have had and they will not give you an additional warranty after the repair, as they often give you another year when it has been fixed.

But Nintendo aside anyway, as I am not prepared to send it through the poor postal system in China. Does anyone know of any other means to restore the system.
    I was asleep.
    It was half four in the morning.

They will more than likely charge you for a repair.
    Aside from via Nintendo there are possibly repair shops that will do it

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamr View Post
    Silence.... That's what I thought.
    Nintendo most certainly do not test and inspect every single console that comes in for repair around the globe, to do so would cost them too much money at the end of the day. Not only that but I have checked and a modded system will be repaired by Nintendo, but not under any warranty you may have had and they will not give you an additional warranty after the repair, as they often give you another year when it has been fixed.

But Nintendo aside anyway, as I am not prepared to send it through the poor postal system in China. Does anyone know of any other means to restore the system.
    Just like almost every electrical device out these days, the Wii has a warranty sticker (or stickers), I have only noticed the two towards the front below the SD card flap, when these stickers are removed, they are really hard to get back on as they lose some of their adhesive, plus with dirt and hair in the air, that will also stick to the adhesive

Just by the absence or destruction of those stickers, Nintendo usually gets the idea that the console has been tampered with

Nintendo also puts a tiny bit of adhesive to each screw, this puts just enough hold on the screw that it require extra torque to remove those given screws, when going to repair a Wii, Nintendo checks the torque required to remove the screws

little torque=tampered Wii (voided warranty)
    excessive torque=untampered Wii (warranty still valid)

This means, if you just open the Wii to take a peek inside, even without changing anything inside, your warranty is still void because those screws are removed

Aside from that, the problem you are having with your Wii could have been caused because of the update itself, Nintedo creates updates not only to add new features and security updates, Nintendo will occasionally make an update targeted to "bricking" Wiis with modchips, this is done to prevent piracy and buying games from different countries (like in your case, Chinese games on a UK Wii) as some countries have the same game available for a cheaper price, and Nintendo wants you to buy the game from the country the Wii was meant for so you don't pay less for a game my importing

If you do some searches for modding a Wii, you will see that some people will add a toggle switch to their Wii, this is to turn off the modchip during an update to prevent bricking, there are also a lot of people that won't update their Wii so it can't be bricked

At this point, your only option may be to just buy a Chinese Wii and throw the UK one out

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    i never gotta use my warranty cuz my Wii never had problems

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by prinplup View Post
    i never gotta use my warranty cuz my Wii never had problems
    True, same here, the Wii is the most stable console out of all 3, but you never know your future, even with the reliability of the Wii, you may run into an unexplained error, then you are going to wish you had the warranty

And in my experience, as soon as you void your warranty, that's exactly when it needs to be serviced, yet if you never void your warranty, then you never need it

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Ads