LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    just got the wii.. i have a 50" plasma 720 and not using the component.. I have a separate reciever and I heard that the wii component cable w/audio can not be split very far to use with a different reciever... any solution? also, my picture currently has a slight vertical wave that pulses kinda in the background ... is that because it is not set to 480P? thanks

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I noticed this as well with both Guitar Hero 5 and NFS: Nitro. Is there a way to improve graphics without buying something extra? The graphics on my Gamecube games that I play in the Wii are a lot better graphics-wise than actual Wii games.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by neastguy View Post
    just got the wii.. i have a 50" plasma 720 and not using the component.. I have a separate reciever and I heard that the wii component cable w/audio can not be split very far to use with a different reciever... any solution? also, my picture currently has a slight vertical wave that pulses kinda in the background ... is that because it is not set to 480P? thanks
    You can use regular left/right audio extension cables to get the audio signal to your receiver if it's too far from the tv connection.

Not sure about the wavy effect, that doesn't seem normal even with the regular composite cable. Is it always there (at the main Wii screen and in all games)?
    It's possible it's an artifact of the TV upscaling the 480i signal to 720p for your TV, but it almost sounds more like interference of some sort, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neastguy View Post
    You can use regular left/right audio extension cables to get the audio signal to your receiver if it's too far from the tv connection.

Not sure about the wavy effect, that doesn't seem normal even with the regular composite cable. Is it always there (at the main Wii screen and in all games)?
    It's possible it's an artifact of the TV upscaling the 480i signal to 720p for your TV, but it almost sounds more like interference of some sort, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it.
    yeah its always there... especially when you see black... kinda looks like a wavy curtain... its a panasonic plasma... picture is great without the wii...lol...I'm going to try and reroute the cables.. thats the only thing I can think off.. until I get the component ones

Member #
    Friends
    get component cables. any of them will do, whether cheapy brand for $10 of the more expensive nintendo ones. if anyone tells you that the more expensive ones are better, just say yup, and walk away. i got mine for 5.99 from HMV a couple years ago.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    IMHO If you have component IN's on your TV they are the best to use. Got a WII for the kids for Xmas that included BOTH the Standard and Component cables. I have a 42" Plasma and switched "back and forth" quickly between both setups and found the component cable's display to be "better".

Hints:
    Component cable with "widescreen"(480p) selected on console is best performance.

If your TV has a "GAME MODE" of "Movie Mode" setting that also helps color and contrast.

Also, some TV's have an "up convert" feature to increase resolution of lower res. signals. TURN THAT OFF for the WII.

MATCHING the output to what the TV expects as input is ALWAYS best.

BTW, again if you have component "IN's" the component cable is DEFINATELY worth it!!!

Member #
    Friends
    I have component cables. I see no difference in picture from the rca cables.

Member #
    Friends
    i just got one (component) from gamestp, but there is no color, res is good though. I also noticed that the HDTV setting option wasn't available... Is it a system issue or a faulty cable?

Member #
    Friends
    I ended up getting some Rocketfish cables at Bestbuy for 25 bucks. I see a pretty large difference in actual "in game" difference. The menu's and my Mii look pretty similar but the graphics in Mario Kart for example are much for viabriant and sharper.

Definitely worth it.

I Have Asperger Syndrome ArceusLord's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Component cables are used to get 480p and should give you better picture quality. -looks up a link for some on sale- http://www.amazon.com/Wii-HD-Compone.../dp/B000LWDCO8
    There you go. follow the link (these are fairly priced )
    Have it your way...my favorite restaurant is burger king.
    MSN: Mod Edit: No External Linking

Ads