LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Memory Card

  1. #1
    Junior Member MyHD120's Avatar
    Member #
    66432
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Memory Card

    Being a noob, I was buying accessories for the Wii and bought a "Wii 32MB Memory Card" made in China. For the life of me I can't figure out how to use it. Do I need an adapter, and if so, where do I buy one?
    Thanks,
    Gary

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There's an SD card slot behind the little door on the front of the console. Your manual can explain what it's for.

  4. #3
    Junior Member MyHD120's Avatar
    Member #
    66432
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    There's an SD card slot behind the little door on the front of the console. Your manual can explain what it's for.
    Thanks for the reply, but if you knew this card you would know it does not fit in the slots behind the door on the front of the Wii. However, there is a second door on the top and under that is the slot. I was only aware of the first door.

  5. #4
    I Have Asperger Syndrome ArceusLord's Avatar
    Member #
    66194
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    174
    Friends
    9
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by MyHD120 View Post
    Being a noob, I was buying accessories for the Wii and bought a "Wii 32MB Memory Card" made in China. For the life of me I can't figure out how to use it. Do I need an adapter, and if so, where do I buy one?
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Well look around your wii console. There should be a port where the SD card should fit right in.
    EDIT:
    If it does not fit anywhere, then you may be able to find an adapter somewhere. Let me look it up for you -looks it up- http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-C.../dp/B000RC51Q4
    there you go. Great deal :P
    Have it your way...my favorite restaurant is burger king.
    MSN: Mod Edit: No External Linking


  6. #5
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MyHD120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    There's an SD card slot behind the little door on the front of the console. Your manual can explain what it's for.
    Thanks for the reply, but if you knew this card you would know it does not fit in the slots behind the door on the front of the Wii. However, there is a second door on the top and under that is the slot. I was only aware of the first door.

    Then that's a GameCube memory card. It's only used for game saves when you play GameCube discs, it won't have any effect on Wii games at all.
    Again, you Wii manual explains what all that stuff is for.

  7. #6
    Junior Member MyHD120's Avatar
    Member #
    66432
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyHD120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    There's an SD card slot behind the little door on the front of the console. Your manual can explain what it's for.
    Thanks for the reply, but if you knew this card you would know it does not fit in the slots behind the door on the front of the Wii. However, there is a second door on the top and under that is the slot. I was only aware of the first door.

    Then that's a GameCube memory card. It's only used for game saves when you play GameCube discs, it won't have any effect on Wii games at all.
    Again, you Wii manual explains what all that stuff is for.

    Here's the URL. Look at it yourself: http://www.szprice.com/products/32MB...Wii_1317.html#

  8. #7
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MyHD120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyHD120 View Post

    Thanks for the reply, but if you knew this card you would know it does not fit in the slots behind the door on the front of the Wii. However, there is a second door on the top and under that is the slot. I was only aware of the first door.

    Then that's a GameCube memory card. It's only used for game saves when you play GameCube discs, it won't have any effect on Wii games at all.
    Again, you Wii manual explains what all that stuff is for.

    Here's the URL. Look at it yourself: http://www.szprice.com/products/32MB...Wii_1317.html#
    Yep. that's a memory card for GameCube games and plugs into the GameCube memory card slot.

    It's only used for game saves for playing GameCube games on the Wii.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Advice on upgrading my memory card
    By flanman in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 12:43 PM
  2. SD Memory card problem...
    By manxxutd in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
  3. Action Replay memory card backup with wii
    By troutt72x in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
  4. How do I copy a file from Wii memory to an SD memory card?
    By WiiLoveIt in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 11:42 PM
  5. memory card issue
    By mediaprodguy in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 07:42 AM

Search tags for this page

memory card for nintendo wii
,

memory card will not fit in wii slot

,
nintendo gamecube memory cards that fit in slot a
,

nintendo wii memory card

,
nintendo wii memory card effect
,
what are the plugs under the door on top of the wii
,
what game cards fit in slot a of wii
,
wii memory card effect
,
wii memory card slots
,
wii sdcard slot to game cube card mod
,
yellow memory card nintendo wii
Click on a term to search for related topics.