LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    hey

Me again... I just found another indication that PAL systems do run at 480p, rather than 576p, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/748/748192p2.html
    The resolution of the console is set at 50hz 576i (PAL) by default, using the supplied Wii AV composite cables. However, we'd wholly recommend forking out for the component cables (due several days after launch) for a much cleaner, 480p image. The console can also be run at 60hz 480i - however neither the 480p or 60hz 480i modes are compatible with the GameCube software. The system will automatically revert to 576i - which is a bit of a shame.
    So I don't think you could display GameCube games on your monitor, as I doubt your monitor would support 720x576 @ 50Hz Interlaced or even in Progressive Scan. You should also take note, that I think no PAL based GameCube games support 480p, even though many of the same NTSC based games do.

edit
    Just wanted to say that what I would recommend for displaying the Nintendo Wii is a cheap CRT based EDTV or HDTV .

cyas
    Last edited by yosh64; 11-30-2006 at 06:54 AM.

Wii Would Like To Play martin8768's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8015-3833-0791-9078
    oh well at first i 4got about the vgabox, lol should pay more attention lol, so i tought the wii was gona be connected directly to the monitor, which is impossbile, and ur monitor is LCD not CRT but dosent matter should all work with prog scan.

Member #
    Friends
    8015-3833-0791-9078
    i think all wii's in NA are 480p and al wii in europ are 576p

Member #
    Friends
    Hey, Im a student, my rooms little and my CRT monitor only accepts VGA input, and is on top of a closet, as is my TV only accepting scart and ariel, both of which are VERY TINY.

I need to use this LCD screen, which of the two vga boxes will give me the best image?

Member #
    Friends
    8015-3833-0791-9078
    well theirs really no diffrence both give the same image, i would go with the cheaper one, both have same features, input switching, etc. both have 480p so get the less expensive one.

Member #
    Friends
    hey

Actually, I heard there is going to be an official Nintendo Wii SCART cable in europe, but I'm not very sure. So if there is one, then you could just display the Nintendo Wii on your television.

edit
    Yep, I just done a little googling and found them for purchase HERE (amazon.co.uk) .

BTW, if your television and lcd monitor are about the same size, then I would recommend you just get one of these SCART cables for your television, rather than both a VGA Box and a Nintendo Wii Component cable for your monitor (hmm, I'm guessing your lcd monitor is alot larger, as you say your crt monitor and television are tiny :\).

another edit
    Just remember, if you get one of those VGA Boxes then you will also need a Nintendo Wii Component cable. You will also have to set your Nintendo Wii to display at 480p (I really do think the PAL system runs at 480p, if not I think your outa luck, as I doubt your monitor would support 576p). I think it may be tricky the first time you boot your Nintendo Wii, as I think it will be set at 480i, so you won't beable to see anything (well the X2VGA 2's 480i EasyView feature will be handy for this). Finally, I don't think you will beable to display GameCube games, as I think they will run at 576i.

cyas
    Last edited by yosh64; 12-01-2006 at 07:14 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yosh64
    hey

Actually, I heard there is going to be an official Nintendo Wii SCART cable in europe, but I'm not very sure. So if there is one, then you could just display the Nintendo Wii on your television.

edit
    Yep, I just done a little googling and found them for purchase HERE (amazon.co.uk) .

BTW, if your television and lcd monitor are about the same size, then I would recommend you just get one of these SCART cables for your television, rather than both a VGA Box and a Nintendo Wii Component cable for your monitor (hmm, I'm guessing your lcd monitor is alot larger, as you say your crt monitor and television are tiny :\).

another edit
    Just remember, if you get one of those VGA Boxes then you will also need a Nintendo Wii Component cable. You will also have to set your Nintendo Wii to display at 480p (I really do think the PAL system runs at 480p, if not I think your outa luck, as I doubt your monitor would support 576p). I think it may be tricky the first time you boot your Nintendo Wii, as I think it will be set at 480i, so you won't beable to see anything (well the X2VGA 2's 480i EasyView feature will be handy for this). Finally, I don't think you will beable to display GameCube games, as I think they will run at 576i.

cyas

Would this product allow me to use the SCART cable to play the wii on my lcd monitor?

eBay.co.uk: SyncBlaster VGA Cable - Connect RGB SCART to LCD (item 130051527350 end time 03-Dec-06 20:00:00 GMT)

Member #
    Friends

Member #
    Friends
    hey

Quote Originally Posted by Revival
    Would this product allow me to use the SCART cable to play the wii on my lcd monitor?

eBay.co.uk: SyncBlaster VGA Cable - Connect RGB SCART to LCD (item 130051527350 end time 03-Dec-06 20:00:00 GMT)
    I'm not completly sure, but I think it should work. Well, you would obviously need a Nintendo Wii SCART cable also, and you would need to set the Nintendo Wii to display at 480p (I don't think your monitor would support the other resolutions). At least this way, on first boot you could hook your Nintendo Wii up directly to your TV (via SCART), to set it to display at 480p (if your TV doesn't support 480p, then hopefully the option to set the Nintendo Wii to display at 480p still appears, and that doing so doesn't harm you TV (well to be safe, maybe you could turn off your TV right before you change it)).

Edit, I just learnt that you can not display 480p via a SCART cable, as there's no progressive mode in scart/rgb. So I don't think the above will work :\.

Quote Originally Posted by Revival
    Amazon.com: VIDEO CARD TO S VIDEO AND TV ADAPTER CABLE: Electronics

how about this!?
    I don't think that would be very helpful, as it doesn't actually change the video signal, so I don't think your monitor would beable to display anything. I think this is really meant for hooking your computer to a television, but your computer must beable to output the correct video signal.

cyas
    Last edited by yosh64; 12-02-2006 at 06:10 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yosh64
    hey

I'm not completly sure, but I think it should work. Well, you would obviously need a Nintendo Wii SCART cable also, and you would need to set the Nintendo Wii to display at 480p (I don't think your monitor would support the other resolutions). At least this way, on first boot you could hook your Nintendo Wii up directly to your TV (via SCART), to set it to display at 480p (if your TV doesn't support 480p, then hopefully the option to set the Nintendo Wii to display at 480p still appears, and that doing so doesn't harm you TV (well to be safe, maybe you could turn off your TV right before you change it)).

Edit, I just learnt that you can not display 480p via a SCART cable, as there's no progressive mode in scart/rgb. So I don't think the above will work :\.

I don't think that would be very helpful, as it doesn't actually change the video signal, so I don't think your monitor would beable to display anything. I think this is really meant for hooking your computer to a television, but your computer must beable to output the correct video signal.

cyas

Bugger

Ads