LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Junior Member Sephy's Avatar
    Member #
    5190
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3630-5830-1283-1176

    System Shortage, OK...but Controllers??

    I understand the shortage of the console itself. That is a lot of making going on, and they are doing a good job of getting them out.

    But the controllers? Come on! For a system that is so multi-player friendly (and in my opinion, focused) they should have more controllers available. The pack-in game, Wii Sports, is fun for 10 minutes by yourself. Sure, some of the games you can pass the Wiimote back and forth. But, in all of their promotions and TV spots, you see a family, or a group of friends having a blast. All of them have their own Wiimote. And most games, each person needs their own anyway.

    I was #18 in line the day it was released. The store have 22 Wiis available. The store I was at was completely sold out of controllers by the time person #4 was able to buy their Wii.

    I have gone store to store is search of just 1 Wiimote. Nope. I just called a Game Stop that is receiving a shipment today. They said they didn't know if any were in that shipment. What they did know was that people were hanging around in the store just waiting for the shipment to arrive in hopes of being able to nab some accessories for the thing. Another store I called said they got Wiis today, but no controllers came in.

    Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

  2. #2
    No posting ban xbandaidx's Avatar
    Member #
    4915
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    934
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Yeah whats wrong is that people are buying a bunch of wiimotes. I bet eventually someday we'll have systems with 6-8 players on it, and it'll be even harder to find controllers then.

    the only place I check for Wiimote is Walmart because from there I'm saving 10 bucks, the other place I know that always seems to have at least one in is Shopko (a wisconsin chain store)

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member brejcha's Avatar
    Member #
    4315
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy
    I understand the shortage of the console itself. That is a lot of making going on, and they are doing a good job of getting them out.

    But the controllers? Come on! For a system that is so multi-player friendly (and in my opinion, focused) they should have more controllers available. The pack-in game, Wii Sports, is fun for 10 minutes by yourself. Sure, some of the games you can pass the Wiimote back and forth. But, in all of their promotions and TV spots, you see a family, or a group of friends having a blast. All of them have their own Wiimote. And most games, each person needs their own anyway.

    I was #18 in line the day it was released. The store have 22 Wiis available. The store I was at was completely sold out of controllers by the time person #4 was able to buy their Wii.

    I have gone store to store is search of just 1 Wiimote. Nope. I just called a Game Stop that is receiving a shipment today. They said they didn't know if any were in that shipment. What they did know was that people were hanging around in the store just waiting for the shipment to arrive in hopes of being able to nab some accessories for the thing. Another store I called said they got Wiis today, but no controllers came in.

    Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?
    Hey what store were you at. I see you live in Chicago. Was this store in orland by chance cus I was # 8 in line

  4. #4
    Junior Member Sephy's Avatar
    Member #
    5190
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3630-5830-1283-1176
    Quote Originally Posted by brejcha
    Hey what store were you at. I see you live in Chicago. Was this store in orland by chance cus I was # 8 in line

    I was at Circuit City in Skokie.

  5. #5
    WiiChats Offical Druggie ilovemywii's Avatar
    Member #
    5434
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    308
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8002-1759-8157-9828
    we got plenty in Los Angeles! at target, EBgames, and Bestbuy


    id get one but i think there to expensive $39.99 for the Remote
    and an extra $19.99 for the Nunchunk?

    Smoke two blunts then I smoke one more, go to the store then I buy five more.
    Guitar Hero 3 Friend Code: 1719-1351-3665 PM me if u add me
    SSBB Friend Code: 3909-7219-4799 PM if u add

  6. #6
    WiiChats Offical Druggie ilovemywii's Avatar
    Member #
    5434
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    308
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8002-1759-8157-9828
    We got plenty here in Los Angeles!

    i'd get one but I think there to expensive $39.99 for a Remote
    and an extra $19.99 for the Nunchunk wow

    Smoke two blunts then I smoke one more, go to the store then I buy five more.
    Guitar Hero 3 Friend Code: 1719-1351-3665 PM me if u add me
    SSBB Friend Code: 3909-7219-4799 PM if u add

  7. #7
    Wii Citizen fiveryanfrenzy's Avatar
    Member #
    5286
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    128
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    might be cheap considering the technology inside it

  8. #8
    WiiChat Member chessaholic's Avatar
    Member #
    1204
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    497
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveryanfrenzy
    might be cheap considering the technology inside it
    he has a point. The gamecube controller was 25. You got buttons, two analogue sticks, some shoulder buttons, oh and a rumble. Now (same price for wiimote on its own) you're getting movement sensing, speaker, 6kb memory, etc.... Dont forget that the nunchuk had motion sensing too- thats why they are so expensive.

    Sorry about spelling mistakes- it is 1am!

  9. #9
    Add me and i'll add you! intekmdma's Avatar
    Member #
    4854
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    726
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    i would tell you where to get them for discounted price... but i'd have to kill you >< muahahaha

    turbo'd wabbit

  10. #10
    WiiChat Member chessaholic's Avatar
    Member #
    1204
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    497
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by intekmdma
    i would tell you where to get them for discounted price... but i'd have to kill you >< muahahaha
    Thats a sacrifice hes probably willing to pay...

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Wii in Australia thread
    By Sam_Harris in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 8289
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM
  2. N64/NES/SNES controllers on Wii
    By DBloke in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 06:20 AM
  3. Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 02:20 AM
  4. Controllers for Mario Kart 64
    By BrentNewhall in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 09:57 PM
  5. Controllers
    By bugmenot in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 07:23 PM

Search tags for this page

is there something wrong with wii controller on ebay

,

n64 contoller shortage

,

nintendo 64 controller shortage

,

shortage in wii remote

,

smoke came from wiimote

,

system shortage

,

why are wii guitar hero controllers so expensive

,

wii controller shortage ebay price

,

wii controllers for 6 players

,

wii guitar shortage

,

wii remote shortage

,

wii will not ok two controllers

Click on a term to search for related topics.