LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,144
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    you sure? ive heard people say that the Wii has the discs spin the opposite direction just like the xbox

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


  2. #12
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    it is burnable but you 1) need to reverse the moter in your DVD drive (not the burner!) to be able to get the contents of the disc and
    Reverse the motor?

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  3. #13
    WiiChat Member ilcid's Avatar
    Member #
    5228
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    126
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2168-2309-3726-8049
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    you sure? ive heard people say that the Wii has the discs spin the opposite direction just like the xbox
    *sigh*

    Neither of them do. It's just a rumor that spouted when some person claimed the GameCube discs spin backwards. However, if you look at the discs spin in the GameCube, you'll see it spins clockwise, like all CD's.

    The XBOX was basically just PC hardware with a custom OS on it. Some people even got Windows running on it.

  4. #14
    WiiChat Member Flip's Avatar
    Member #
    1838
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    756
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    GC games are read and burnt backwards. I haven't seen any info about whether the Wii discs are burnt the same way. Google it.

    Edit: I think you guys are confused. The discs are burnt from outside->inside. (I think it's this way.) whereas normal discs are burnt the other way around. So when you try to read a gamecube disc on a pc, the disc drive will read from the inside first, which is the normal way of doing things. In the case of GC discs, this means it will not read anything, and as a result, wont be readable by your pc/drive.

    The discs still spin the right way.
    Last edited by Flip; 12-02-2006 at 11:53 PM.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

  5. #15
    WiiChat Member ilcid's Avatar
    Member #
    5228
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    126
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2168-2309-3726-8049
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    GC games are read and burnt backwards. I haven't seen any info about whether the Wii discs are burnt the same way. Google it.
    No, watch it.

    Go ahead, look at it. Open the GameCube disc cover when it's playing. You can see the disc is spinning clockwise (also known as the same as every other disc).

  6. #16
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,144
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by ilcid
    *sigh*

    Neither of them do. It's just a rumor that spouted when some person claimed the GameCube discs spin backwards. However, if you look at the discs spin in the GameCube, you'll see it spins clockwise, like all CD's.

    The XBOX was basically just PC hardware with a custom OS on it. Some people even got Windows running on it.
    im an xbox modder. i know 100% for a FACT that the xbox drive spins backwords because in order to get the Samsung 616 DVD drive to work in an xbox you must flash the firmware AND reverse the direction in which the moter spins. also the xbox ISO files are just normal ISO's but they have the data in them mirrored so it can be burned in a normal DVD burner yet have the info backwords so the xbox can read it. dont believe me? ask about it on the Xbox-Scene forums. its the BIGGEST xbox mod site on the net

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


  7. #17
    WiiChat Member ilcid's Avatar
    Member #
    5228
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    126
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2168-2309-3726-8049
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    im an xbox modder. i know 100% for a FACT that the xbox drive spins backwords because in order to get the Samsung 616 DVD drive to work in an xbox you must flash the firmware AND reverse the direction in which the moter spins. also the xbox ISO files are just normal ISO's but they have the data in them mirrored so it can be burned in a normal DVD burner yet have the info backwords so the xbox can read it. dont believe me? ask about it on the Xbox-Scene forums. its the BIGGEST xbox mod site on the net
    Give me a link to a site which will support that, please.

    And how come XBOX's can play DVD's if they spin backwards?
    Last edited by ilcid; 12-02-2006 at 11:59 PM.

  8. #18
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    im an xbox modder. i know 100% for a FACT that the xbox drive spins backwords because in order to get the Samsung 616 DVD drive to work in an xbox you must flash the firmware AND reverse the direction in which the moter spins. also the xbox ISO files are just normal ISO's but they have the data in them mirrored so it can be burned in a normal DVD burner yet have the info backwords so the xbox can read it. dont believe me? ask about it on the Xbox-Scene forums. its the BIGGEST xbox mod site on the net
    I gurantee there is some other form of piracy protection with the wii.

    And I am still pretty sure it was never made possible to burn GCN games. And as far as Wii discs go, they spin in a normal direction, they are just written inside <-> out like was said a bit before me.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  9. #19
    WiiChat Member ilcid's Avatar
    Member #
    5228
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    126
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2168-2309-3726-8049
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    I gurantee there is some other form of piracy protection with the wii.

    And I am still pretty sure it was never made possible to burn GCN games.
    I'm guessing checking the hash of the disc or reading sectors that most burners can't write to.

  10. #20
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,144
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Xbox-Scene Tutorial: How to replace your Xbox DVD drive with a model 616T Samsung DVD-rom drive

    that is a tutorial at Xbox-Scene on how to mod a samsung DVD drive to be put into an xbox. read the final step. it tells you that you need to flip the moter 180 degrees. why would you need to do that if it didnt spin backwords?

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 08:48 PM
  2. exciting Nintendo Games for '08
    By vashivihan in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 06:23 AM
  3. How Gamers Will Save The World
    By vashivihan in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
  4. Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 01:20 AM
  5. possible to play burned gc games on wii?
    By trunks9_us in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 07:21 AM

Search tags for this page

are wii game burned backwards like the gamecube
,

burnt wii games

,
can a red wii play burned games
,
can red wii play burned games
,

can wii games be burned

,
can wii games be burnt
,
chips for wii
,
do wii 2006 play burn games
,
how to play burned games on a 2006 wii
,
make dvd drive spin backwards
,

wii burnt games

,

wii discs spin backwards

Click on a term to search for related topics.