LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have the same problem
    "An error has occurred press the eject button and remove the disc then turn the wii console off and refer to the wii operations manual"

I was playing Monster Hunter 3 when mine went down. At first other games worked for a little. Now nothing works, I get the error with all games. Some times they will work for 10 - 15 minutes but then the error message comes up again. I tried everything I know unplugged, let it sit for a while, blew out Wii with air.

Only thing left is to tear it apart myself or send it to Nintendo.
    Called Nintendo they said they will fix it for nothing since the warranty was up only a weeks or so.

I thought maybe there was a bad update Nintendo put out but that's just a guess.

Sorry I can't help you any but thought I would put my 2 cents in because there doesn't seem to be alot of info on this error out there on the web.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    @Skippy,
    Actually, I meant Everything within my post, but I meant Wii Discs may have Codes that came from a PC, Advance PC Engine, Physics Engine Or Game Engine that utilizes the same Hardware to fit Wii. However, I'm not an expert.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by djfrein View Post
    Okay, so I very recently purchased the new Goldeneye and Super Mario Galaxy 2, and have run into a problem with my Wii hardware seemingly as a result of playing these games. Whenever I insert either of the discs, I get the following message:

"An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I have searched online for tips on fixing this issue, and have tried cleaning the drive with a can of air, unplugging the system completely, etc. One thing I HAVE noticed is that some of my older games will still work on the system, which makes me think it could be a "multilayering" issue, as some sites have suggested is the case with similar problems.

Has anyone had the same, or a similar problem and come up with an easy fix besides sending it back to Nintendo? My Wii is a few years old, but has worked like a charm until recently. Thanks for any advice you might have!
    There is no easy fix. Black Ops did the same thing to my Wii and the only thing you can do is send it in. I called and my Wii is out of warranty and they said they will fix it for free. Seems they know that the new games are a problem for the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    I agree Solo
    I think Nintendo knows whats going on here. Mine was out of warranty and they did not hesitate to fix it for free. I'm not complaining I just think it's a little fishy that this is happening right after Christmas.

Ads