LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Problems with Wii

Ok, So my Wii was working fine before all this.. So i got a new remote and got it install.. Then i went to go play some Super mario bros and when it loaded it said something like Save file corrupted and to delete file, So i did. Then the game was working and all was good.. Then about a hour later i went to turn the wii on and my Wii was not showing any color, it was like black and white with purple.. So i went to the screen settings on the wii and it was set to Standard ( I am using component cables) and it wouldnt let me click on HDTV 480p.. So i turned the Wii off and used the old composite cables and now my color worked.. So turned it back off and hook the component cables back up and still no color and i cant click on the HDTV 480p setting in the Wii menu.. So i turned it off and came back and turned it on and it was working fine with the component cables still hooked up, I had the color back and could put it on HDTV in the Wii menu.. Well what would of caused this? So far everything is working ok.

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/3982#3982

I was curious enough to look it up and it could be as simple as putting the cables in the wrong holes, or tv settings. also corrupted data does not seem to be related but that could be a sign your wii is acting up and might need repairs down the road.

i don't have much experience with component cables and if that link doesn't answer your question you should hold on in case another member shows up who does...
    Last edited by skidmarx; 03-12-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: fix link and grammar

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
    http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/3982#3982

I was curious enough to look it up and it could be as simple as putting the cables in the wrong holes, or tv settings. also corrupted data does not seem to be related but that could be a sign your wii is acting up and might need repairs down the road.

i don't have much experience with component cables and if that link doesn't answer your question you should hold on in case another member shows up who does...
    Thanks for looking that up for me.. I checked again and they are in the right holes, cause right now the colors are fine.. But i am using a set of component cables i got online for $3 so maybe they are just going out.. but never heard of cables just going out tho.

Member #
    Friends
    ok so here me out i have finally got over the problem of the wii not powering up by replacing the power pack but as soon as it powered up no god dam picture (let me guess i need to replace the tv connection wires) before any 1 says about were they in the right holes they were im not that thick (not as thick as a tree trunk)

so can sombody tell me the answer to this solution please

Ads