Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    -KB
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stoukaph
    Two of my friends memorized the layout of the whole map of that game. kinda pathetic...
    lol

im not that bad, just everytime i go see a movie at the cinema, i pop in $.50 to see how far i can get.

i think i beat the game with 2.50 before

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    I think 3rd party developers will make there own like a flight stick that comes with the game.

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

-KB
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by motherbrainrulez
    I think 3rd party developers will make there own like a flight stick that comes with the game.
    and the wii is supposed to be cheaper to develop games huh?

i cant imagine that many developers/ third parties will make many controllers period.

actually a smart move by nintendo, no more third party cheap ass controllers being made.

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    what's a smart move by Nintendo, I'm pretty sure NYKO will still try to make stuff for it.

It's cheaper to develop the games for because it's internal hardware is a lot easier to work with than the cell processor and other garbage, for example, of the PS3.

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

-KB
    Member #
    Friends
    sorry i didnt eloberate like i wanted to. not many third partie hardware companies like madkatz, will want to mess with the whole wiimote thing.

and controllers would cost alot of money to individual game developers, so i highly doubt many games will have "special" controllers.

Member #
    Friends
    7190-3324-3845-8331
    I see what you're saying. Yeah and if they made a special contoller (like for guitar hero) it would have to be bluetooth and recognizeable to the Wii, which would cost more for gamers. So ok, yeah I agree.

Wii, 2 Remotes, 2 Nunchucks, Classic Controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4, Metal Slug Anthology, Guitar Hero III
    VC: Mario Bros, Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Sonic 2, Shinobi III, Soldier Blade, Blazing Lasers, Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, Harvest Moon, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Zelda: Link to the Past, F-Zero GX, Street Fighter II: Turbo, Axelay

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by -KB
    sorry i didnt eloberate like i wanted to. not many third partie hardware companies like madkatz, will want to mess with the whole wiimote thing.

and controllers would cost alot of money to individual game developers, so i highly doubt many games will have "special" controllers.
    While they may not want to deal with building a new wiimote from the ground up, I can definitly see them adding attachments; simple ones that could, for example, wrap around the wiimote to make it more comfortable to hold since it doesn't look very ergonomic when holding it horizontally.

Does anyone think 3rd party developers will develop attachments for the nunchuk, or build a new nunchuk unit from scratch?
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dav_4550
    I see what you're saying. Yeah and if they made a special contoller (like for guitar hero) it would have to be bluetooth and recognizeable to the Wii, which would cost more for gamers. So ok, yeah I agree.
    That's why i think nintendo might get into making shells for the basic controller instead of new controllers all together!

Member #
    Friends
    Like an "assassin's tools" shell: Garotting wire, ice pick and stiletto blade for new levels of immersion!
    "You Mac users... are on your way to hell. A weird, glossy white plastic hell"

Member #
    Friends
    I thought the idea of the controller was to be universal. To make a whole new way of playing games and to make all games easily playable from a new and unique interface. All of you guys keep trying to think of add ons that will turn the wiimote back into some sort of familiar controller ie steering wheel, joy stick, standard controller. It shouldnt need these things, and if it does then why make it in the first place. I think the wiimote should be able to handle on its own. I think third parties (including madcatz) will at least develop shells and attachments, but possibly even wiimotes - it is there job after all - and of course we could end up seeing some really cool stuff from logitech and others of the sort - but they will likely just stick with Sony. And as for ergonomics - it may not look comfortable but im sure it fits nicely - anybody remember the dreamcast controller - first picture of that and I thought it would horribly uncomfortable but it fits in the hand better than any other Ive ever held. Just trust that the wiimote will work on its own and be comfortable - Nintendo are not idiots

Ads