LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: UMEGAMES: Console wars (the next generation)

  1. #1
    Nintendo 4life lloyd_yayo's Avatar
    Member #
    2330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    782
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464

    UMEGAMES: Console wars (the next generation)

    Part 2 of the console wars debate, looking into whats needed in the next generation

    comment your thoughts as well


  2. Ads


  3. #2
    semi-pro thumb jockey skidmarx's Avatar
    Member #
    24023
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,267
    Friends
    35
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    #1 for me: nintendo has to stop rehashing the same franchises over and over. I got tired of mario years ago.

    Also I hear when new games are out the ps3 and 360 overperform the PC simply because many people do not have the latest hardware for PC, and even if they do RAGE for PC was a castastrophy while the ps3 and 360 versions played it with a seamless framerate. that tells me that microsoft and sony still have nothing to offer in a new console as they have nothing to improve upon.

    Also I think the current economy can't handle a new $300+ console and the guys in the video point out that $70 games will turn off everybody. I say all consoles can stay where they are with add-on hardware/software.
    (plz no messages for online play) "Life is a tale told by an Idiot" -Shakespeare

  4. #3
    Nintendo 4life lloyd_yayo's Avatar
    Member #
    2330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    782
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
    I think the current economy can't handle a new $300+ console and the guys in the video point out that $70 games will turn off everybody. I say all consoles can stay where they are with add-on hardware/software.
    thats a very strong point, the irony is however with DLC we end up spending more than $70 on games anway.

  5. #4
    Huge Succeeded WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Celepha´s
    Posts
    5,588
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
    #1 for me: nintendo has to stop rehashing the same franchises over and over. I got tired of mario years ago.
    You have obviously never played New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Splash_King and The_Man like this.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: Etrian Odyssey IV, Shin Megami Tensei IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

  6. #5
    The Scrubbiest of Kings Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    15,377
    Friends
    122
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Pokemon games came first, manga came last.

    The hate on the tablet doesn't surprise me, but I find it stupid. Same sort of controversy the Wiimote as a gimmick received, even though it's a good controller with gimmicks in addition. Nowadays, the only haters of the Wiimote are indeed, haters who simply refuse to play Nintendo.

    Here's my take on what next gen seriously needs.

    - Low prices for our garbage economy.

    - Better 1st party for Sony and Microsoft.

    - Less shit from Microsoft (still ain't buying, even if they follow through)

    - Less fanboys

    - Nintendo needs to make that better online junk, just as they promised.

    - Microsoft needs to suck less.

    - PS4 WITH BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY (you never know if Sony might do something as stupid as not have it...)!

    - No hidden expenses, i.e. online fees (don't you give us that pay 'n play shit, Nintendo).

    - Great games before a great console.

    - GTFO Microsoft, go back to your computer shit. /hate
    lloyd_yayo likes this.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #6
    Nintendo 4life lloyd_yayo's Avatar
    Member #
    2330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    782
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Pokemon games came first, manga came last.

    The hate on the tablet doesn't surprise me, but I find it stupid. Same sort of controversy the Wiimote as a gimmick received, even though it's a good controller with gimmicks in addition. Nowadays, the only haters of the Wiimote are indeed, haters who simply refuse to play Nintendo.

    Here's my take on what next gen seriously needs.

    - Low prices for our garbage economy.

    - Better 1st party for Sony and Microsoft.

    - Less shit from Microsoft (still ain't buying, even if they follow through)

    - Less fanboys

    - Nintendo needs to make that better online junk, just as they promised.

    - Microsoft needs to suck less.

    - PS4 WITH BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY (you never know if Sony might do something as stupid as not have it...)!

    - No hidden expenses, i.e. online fees (don't you give us that pay 'n play shit, Nintendo).

    - Great games before a great console.

    - GTFO Microsoft, go back to your computer shit. /hate
    ROFL
    i like this 100%
    except i do feel like sony has good 1st party titles, just not as good as nintendos.
    next generation however, as i said, I'm willing to try microsoft. I've never had an xbox.

  8. #7
    Huge Succeeded WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Celepha´s
    Posts
    5,588
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Here's my take on what next gen seriously needs.

    - Low prices for our garbage economy.

    - Better 1st party for Sony and Microsoft.

    - Less shit from Microsoft (still ain't buying, even if they follow through)

    - Less fanboys

    - Nintendo needs to make that better online junk, just as they promised.

    - Microsoft needs to suck less.

    - PS4 WITH BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY (you never know if Sony might do something as stupid as not have it...)!

    - No hidden expenses, i.e. online fees (don't you give us that pay 'n play shit, Nintendo).

    - Great games before a great console.

    - GTFO Microsoft, go back to your computer shit. /hate
    You want Sony and Nintendo to switch places next gen?
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: Etrian Odyssey IV, Shin Megami Tensei IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #8
    Nintendo 4life lloyd_yayo's Avatar
    Member #
    2330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    782
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    You want Sony and Nintendo to switch places next gen?
    in a dream world, sony and nintendo can just combine forces as THE gaming industry outta japan and crush microsoft, which i would have no problem with.
    Splash_King likes this.

  10. #9
    semi-pro thumb jockey skidmarx's Avatar
    Member #
    24023
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,267
    Friends
    35
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post

    - Less shit from Microsoft (still ain't buying, even if they follow through)

    - Less fanboys

    - Microsoft needs to suck less.

    - GTFO Microsoft, go back to your computer shit. /hate
    blah blah blah your wrong blah blah blah

    yup 1st party microsoft blows. Fable III is like that fat chick you pick up at a party and spend the next week explaining to your friends how drunk you were. Still have to say nintendo thinks everyone in the world likes mario bros #192, yes I played NSMBwii: the most overrated wii game ever and Sony has to apollogize for it's crappy online service every year. Xbox is still the champion of gamers like me.

    p.s. I'm a Besthesda fanboy, it just so happens that the 360 is the best console for it
    (plz no messages for online play) "Life is a tale told by an Idiot" -Shakespeare

  11. #10
    Huge Succeeded WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    65950
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Celepha´s
    Posts
    5,588
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
    Still have to say nintendo thinks everyone in the world likes mario bros #192, yes I played NSMBwii: the most overrated wii game ever
    That's quite a contradiction you got there.
    Mario Bros. #192 is a generic, forgettable Mario game.
    Mario Bros Wii is the exact opposite of that. Explain.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572


    Trying to motivate myself to play: Etrian Odyssey IV, Shin Megami Tensei IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. UMEGAMES: Console wars
    By lloyd_yayo in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 03:27 PM
  2. The Next Console Generation
    By CantGetAWii in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 06:20 PM
  3. The next console generation
    By vashivihan in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 02:50 PM
  4. It’s A 3 Console Generation, Get Over It
    By vashivihan in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 01:36 PM

Search tags for this page

can wii play dvds

,

does wii play dvds

,

next generation consoles

,

next generation wii

,

the next great console war

,

umegames

,

umegamz

,

wii won console war

Click on a term to search for related topics.